Water moving too much???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aspencer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a pair of Kribs in a 20g long with some xray tetras....

I have two Aquaclear 50 running with water up to the lip which makes the water current reasonably fast...

I found my xrays hovering at the bottom behind tall plants, I guess to be shielded from the current...

Should I let the water drop from the filters instead of push straight out???

is it essential to have both?
if yes then do what i do, have it halfway where the filter spout is half submerged creating a downward and across motion.
and how do u get to be a supporter? im curious if i build up enough of a reputation, will i ever be one?

Lady_Alia said:
What're y'all talkin bout?

Mouth brooder asked how to become a supporter.... Sry shoulda quoted.... Drugged up from illness.... I'm a bit off... Ok way off ...

hehee. i doth be considering.
and how has Aspencer been doing with the filter?
I clean my filters every other week, I have two on each tank and now have gone through two motors...one did not start up again and the other was dead when I got to the classroom, electricity must have stopped during night. I have shrimp in my filters when I clean them so I like to unplug them and rinse them out...anyone have a better way of cleaning them...when I leave them on, debris going into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom