Water parameter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sa1nt02

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_20170806_231641.jpgwater levels are ok except my ph why is it so high I do water changes all the time I'm worried about my fish. 15 tetras 5 mollies loach a few corys and some platies in a 55g with all live plants

Hello sal...

Don't fret over the acidity or alkalinity of your tap water. Make sure to perform large, weekly water changes, half the water is good, more is better. This will maintain a steady, consistent pH and this is more important than trying to maintain a specific water chemistry.

B

Just to clarify any confusion: doing water changes of any size won't (or at least shouldn't) be changing your pH. Also, it looks like the pH is 8; which isn't bad. The mollys and platys probably prefer it.
My tap water is very hard and alkaline. Before I started using remineralized RODI water the pH in my aquariums was in the 8.4 to 8.8 range and my fish weren't dying.

I just installed a ro unit in my house I'm gna start using that.will it help with ph

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom