water parameters during cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so my hubby thought he was being nice and brought home a pair of false percula clownfish... I had wanted to wait another week before adding fish, but the lfs wouldnt take them back... I went ahead and drip acclimated them.. slowly... put them in... and they seem to be okay today.. but I can tell they are stressed... I checked levels.. they are still looking good
Ammonia- 0
Nitrate 20
Nitrite 0
Alkalinity 300
pH 8.4
salinity 1.026

do these fish stay stressed out looking (staying on the bottom swimming and looking like they are breathing rapidly.) ... the tank is newly cycled... but the water params all seem good to me... I've had the "new tank algae" going on for a few days now... diatoms? ... but I've read that that wouldnt really cause them to be stressed...
will it just take some time for them to get used to things?

apparently my hubby thought that... "I can't add fish till it is finished cycling" meant that as soon as it was finished, it would be fine to just toss a couple of them in... he listens to me some though... at least he didnt come home with a tang or something... lol.

you'll probably be fine. It is common for fish to be stressed and possibly not even eat for a few days. Depends on how long they've been at the LFS and how hard/long the trip was from the supplier, then the trip to your house. Keep checking your water parameters, and as long as they stay in check the fish should be fine.

thanks.. they seem great now. :) although I wish they would choose a different place to hang out .. they are currently behind the live rock... and they seem quite happy to stay there...

Back
Top Bottom