water splashing on light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a hood with a light fixture in it on top of my new 30 gallon tank and the water is filled up to within about 2 inches of the top of the tank. There is a bubble wand in the center of the tank so tiny little bubbles splash water onto the light fixture. There is a plate of glass covering the light so its not actually landing on the light, but I'm just wondering if this has potential for anything bad happening. There is / will be a constant covering of water droplets forming on the glass covering the light, and then dripping off back into the water. If its not something risky then I don't feel the need to change it, just making sure its not going to be a big problem.

That strip of glass is called a splash guard, and is there to keep the water from getting on the light. As long as it's tight fitting and water isn't getting into the fixture, you should be fine since it's doing the job it is designed for.

It's just like the full glass top on my tank. I have to clean the evaporated salts and some algae off of it now and then, but it's just doing it's job by keeping the water and fish in the tank and away from the blubs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom