Water Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Oddly enough, it says to pull the tank with water, place your rock, and then poor the sand into the water too, seemed wierd"

Not odd at all. I wouldn't put my rock in anything that didn't have water in it. Tank build, my order is washed/wet sand, water, rock. and the nice trickle of the RO/DI filter works out just fine

As above and Making sure that the rock is worked all the way to the bottom unless another type of framework is made to prevent the rockwork from becoming a landslide.

I work for a water municpality so I know what they add to water to purify it. What they do add is great for humans and it`s great for us but not great for our tanks. Things like silicates and phosphates and nitrates and chlorine and the list goes on. A RO/DI will be a great addition. Here is a great article on tap water.

Chemistry and the Aquarium

Nice to see someone close to home Melosu, and thanks for the info! I appreciate any and all help from you all

Back
Top Bottom