water temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbundy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi

its very hot in apartment and my water temp keeps on rising even with my heater off. its between 83 and 84f. there isint a drastic rise or drop but shoul i be worried with those temp? if so, what could be done? im assuming in nature they go threw temp like this, maybe worse?

69g
2 blue jacks
2 clown loaches
2 rosy barbs
1 red torpedo barb
1 silver molly
1 red rainbow
1 boesmani rainbow

i would think it'd take quite a lot for the weather to alter the temp of 69g quick enough to damage the fish. If you are worried about it I suppose you could do a small pwc with cooler water than normal during the day.

ok. are my parameters ok though? what im trying to ask is can fish die drastically from this kind of temp?

I would think that as long as they change wasn't extremely quick, the fish would be fine. You don't want to shock the fish with quick changes in temperature. Often people use high temps to treat their tanks for ich. They ever so slowly increase the tank temp to 85*F+ and once the ich is gone they slowly decrease it back to normal.

ok thanks. 1 more question, besides the water change is there a way of trying to drop it or i shouldnt even bother?

I don't think you have anything to worry about, I suppose you could run a fan or two in the room to try to keep the entire room cooler than normal. Otherwsie PWC's are all that come to my mind.

Back
Top Bottom