Water Volume

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need to figure out my water volume to dose my 2 part. Im using the BRS calculator and have to enter my total tank volume in gallons. I have a 75 gallon tank with 40lbs of bio active sand and 75 lbs of BRS reef saver rock. Plus i have a skimmer that is about 2.5 gal and a reactor that holds a gallon...i know im over thinking it but i dont want to over dose and kill my tank.

Your dosing alk and cal? Dose less than what they recommend test the following day and keep records. All tanks are different mine I go 40ml of both after wc and then less later in week to keep it stable.as you keep records you will see how much affects the reading and you can adjust then test weekly. It takes awhile to learn how much of each your corals and coralline algae is using but you will figure it out.sometimes more of one is needed to keep levels in recommended area. Google randy Holmes chemistry alk and cal good info. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom