Water Wisteria does not like it imy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olena

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got it two weeks ago, and I discovered that my Ph is too low, so I had to fix that problem. While I was fighting that, my wisteria's stems and leaves have rotten and I kept clipping them. Now I have maybe 2 inches left of it. There are no roots either. I saw it floating on the surface this morning.
I have 20 gallons high, and one t8 bulb. Water is back to perfect now.
What do I do now?

I don't have any specific help for you, but you are not alone. That stuff may grow like a weed for some people but for me, it just rots away. I would let it float and see how it does. My floating ones have always done better, every planted one turns to mush. My snails are eating the rotting parts of my last planted one. :banghead:

It's always sucked for me too, I have a moderate-high light tank, pH of 7.6-.8, a dirted substrate, co2, and PPS pro ferts, yet it won't grow at all for me. It always looks nice, but won't get any taller or wider.
Kind of rediculous.

It's just one of those plants that doesn't work for everyone and I have no clue why lol

Like the PP said, let it float and see what happens... If you have a higher light tank try it in there.

Was it the emersed or submersed form when you bought it?

This one wasn't in the little pot, just by itself fully submerged.

What I meant was are the leaves round with kind o serrated edges, or are they kind of lacy?

If they are roundish then that means you have the emersed form and that it could just be melting while trying to switch from emersed to submerged and should bounce back.

If the leaves are "lacy" for lack of a better description, then I don't know what could be wrong other than a nutrient deficiency or not enough light

What I meant was are the leaves round with kind o serrated edges, or are they kind of lacy?

If they are roundish then that means you have the emersed form and that it could just be melting while trying to switch from emersed to submerged and should bounce back.

If the leaves are "lacy" for lack of a better description, then I don't know what could be wrong other than a nutrient deficiency or not enough light

Yes, they are "lacy" :) I will get some plant food with nutrients, since I have only iron fert.

It does best with higher light as do most other plants, but it can usually be grown in somewhat lower light setups. If it works good floating and not planted then you can narrow it down to a lack of light intensity.

I was having huge trouble with water wisteria as well. But it turns out that they are primarily root feeders. Since I added some root tabs their growth has gone crazy.

This picture was taken on the 26th and the wisteria hadn't been growing hardly at all. I then added the root tabs underneath it on the 31st.

75748-albums12252-picture60598.jpg

This picture was taken today

75748-albums12252-picture60597.jpg

Hard to tell from the picture but its doubled in height.

Back
Top Bottom