Ways to python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few weeks ago I went out to big ALS to purchase a python. Apparently there discontinued... So I bought a lees ultimate gravel vac. I'm pretty sure it's basically the exact same as a python. It also has a fish saver attachment for the vac opening so you don't suck up fish. What the best way to use this. Mainly making sure the temp correct with the water flowing in... I didn't take a picture of the 25ft hose and shut off valve.

Attachments

• image-3346037593.jpg
    image-3346037593.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image-759872410.jpg
    image-759872410.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 88
Use a window, door, or bathtub rather than the sink faucet when you're draining the tank. Letting it siphon out will save you a lot of money on your water bill. Just get the temp right, when filling up, add de-chlorinator, then fill it back up.

How would it save money? I didn't leave the tap on the entire time it was draining. Just enough to get it going then it was good.

Well, if you can get it to do that, then great. However, I'll bet that it would drain about twice as fast and with better suction if you used my method. Im not sure what you're asking then, if you already know how to use it.

I had trouble figuring out how to set the temp. I had the tap attachment to pull drain and I couldn't open the tap that much without water going into the tube.

My tanks are in the basement so all my doors and windows are higher then my tank. Would your way still work? I notices that it didn't siphon that fast and a lot of the dirt took a long time to get sucked out.

If I was to make a wall attachment to hold my hose above the height if the sink would it work better? Also would you use the fish saver? I find it is hard to clean the gravel as well.

Back
Top Bottom