Well ruby, it looks like NC just ain't happening :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Raliegh NC. just got back into hobby had 4 years off> Im having fun.

Hi jessel, that was my dad's name jesse.........anyway i just move not too long ago from nyc and i had 2 55g and lost them to a fire. Now im in sanfod and just got another tank 75g it should be delivered soon, but hubby wants the 120. Just thinking if i can do the salt thing. I hear it's kinda hard. I love cichilids especially... Dicus. Sanford is a lonely town!

Ha! I would want the 120 too ! I guess from NYC Sanford might seem small and lonely. I've always lived in the country. Even places like Raleigh are too big and scare me. Salt is not as hard as it used to be. It's just more expensive to make water changes because you have to buy all that salt mix constantly. Thats the only reason my 120 isn't salt. I have chronic lyme disease and we cant afford extra expenses right now.

I've had salt water fish only tanks for about 20 years it's not hard just need the correct filtration on the tank and alllllot of patiences. Once you get the tank cycled you will love it. Its addicting the 120 would be great.

I'm in Charlotte, NC. Wish we had a store here selling nothing but aquarium supplies. Anyone know of one in the Charlotte/Matthews/Concord area?

Raleigh Here - Trade Opportunity!!

hey - wondering if anyone in the raleigh area wants to trade some 7 wk old molly fry for some sunset platty fry?

I'm in Charlotte, NC. Wish we had a store here selling nothing but aquarium supplies. Anyone know of one in the Charlotte/Matthews/Concord area?

I live in Gastonia and have visited a couple of stores in the area. FinTastic has a pretty good selection in Charlotte on Hwy 49 near I-485. Their prices are a bit steep but when you see the area the store is located in, you will understand. They have a fabulous selection of fish (fresh and salt) and also corals and live rocks. They are very professional when it comes to selling their fish. If you want one of the more expensive fish, you have to bring a water sample in for testing before they will let you take it home.

Another place is Wet Pets in Gastonia on Franklin Blvd. It's small but the people are first rate.

There's another shop in Gastonia on Franklin Blvd in the shopping center where the Target is located (I think it's called Acres Center, but dont quote me on that) that has fish but also deals in other pets. It's small but the owner is a genius when it comes to dealing with fish or any other types of pets you may have.

jmk49a87 said:

FINTASTICS does

I just found a store in Fort Mill SC, just below Charlotte Carowinds area, called reef Czar. You need to check these guys out. Awesome store, in many ways better than Fintastic!

Back
Top Bottom