What are some peaceful freshwater "eels" that wouldn't go around eating smaller fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousslander

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What are some peaceful freshwater "eels" that wouldn't go around eating smaller fish?

I'm looking for peaceful "eels" for my 65 gallon freshwater tank.

the small fish i'm talking about are
ghost glass catfish
mini crabs
pipefish
hatchets
and other fish/inverts of similar sizes

But no loaches, I saw them too much and sort of got bored of them.
thanks.

I have an albino senegal bichir that is pretty much tame..when I have my hands in the tank during maintenance he often comes over&trys to lay on my hand...think the common name is an albino dinosaur eel(actually not an eel)

I have an albino senegal bichir that is pretty much tame..when I have my hands in the tank during maintenance he often comes over&trys to lay on my hand...think the common name is an albino dinosaur eel(actually not an eel)

Would they eat the fish that I listed on my question?

Peacock eels, though I've never seen mini crabs so don't know if they would end up as a snack.

Peacock Eels are fantastic around other fish. I have an 8 inch PC Eel that lives with smaller fish, never had a problem.

I have a tiretrack eel that seems to do fine with the rest of my stock. Although I'm looking to rehome him cause he's getting too large :/

Back
Top Bottom