What Are These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExperimentLain

Aquarium Advice Activist
The pet shop sold these to me as 'Fancy Shrimp' with two RCS- also labeled 'Fancy Shrimp' the little Pinchers make me wanna say a cray of some sort...

72323-albums14279-picture68302.jpg

They like the moss ball while the RCS are hanging out on filter... Any ideas?

Maybe vampire shrimp nice though hard to get over here in Ireland

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Maybe vampire shrimp nice though hard to get over here in Ireland

It's hard to tell in the pictures I have, but their legs aren't the same as the Vampire Shrimps I am finding pictures of. And they had stripes down their back.

(Btw! Ireland? That's soo cool! I want to go there sooo bad! It's the one and only thing on my 'bucket list')

It's hard to tell in the pictures I have, but their legs aren't the same as the Vampire Shrimps I am finding pictures of. And they had stripes down their back.

(Btw! Ireland? That's soo cool! I want to go there sooo bad! It's the one and only thing on my 'bucket list')

You should it's a great place for a holiday

That's what I keep thinking cause of the little cute claws! X3

Are they safe with my RCS? Or when they get a bit bigger would they be okay in my 29? I have a weather loach, rasboras, danios, and I am looking into getting Cory's and maybe black skirts (some sort of tetra that arent too small)

They are baby crayfish, but they're a little small to identify.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Are you kidding? You need to do some researching. These are CPO from mexico dwarf crayfish. I have two

Fish?are?friends?not?food

One has died since- the larger one is in my big tank now, I think it was nipping off the legs of my RCS and killed two others and the other cray haha. He is in a tank with danios and raspboras now! Its about an inch long. He's been hiding for a while now, I hope he's okay! I love it so much ^.^

One has died since- the larger one is in my big tank now, I think it was nipping off the legs of my RCS and killed two others and the other cray haha. He is in a tank with danios and raspboras now! Its about an inch long. He's been hiding for a while now, I hope he's okay! I love it so much ^.^
What size tank were they in? If it was like a 10g or smaller one died because the tank is too small for their territories.

Yea, I had three CPO's in my 10 gallon, 2 male one female, WW3 in there. They look more like Dwarf Blue Crayfish, they stay at around an inch, but they will kill your shrimp at some point, they love caves and rocks, moss and snails to eat. I have mine in a 2.5 gallon with a Dwarf Puffer, they get along fine. As long as your fish isn't strictly a bottom dweller, you should be fine with any other fish as long as they can't eat it.

Nils

Yea, I had three CPO's in my 10 gallon, 2 male one female, WW3 in there. They look more like Dwarf Blue Crayfish, they stay at around an inch, but they will kill your shrimp at some point, they love caves and rocks, moss and snails to eat. I have mine in a 2.5 gallon with a Dwarf Puffer, they get along fine. As long as your fish isn't strictly a bottom dweller, you should be fine with any other fish as long as they can't eat it.

Nils
Lol "ww3" I can imagine 2 males an female. But they range from blue to bright orange, however they are brown in the wild. But if the female is smaller then the male they need lots! Of hiding places. And remove the female if she has eggs, the male will attack her.

What size tank were they in? If it was like a 10g or smaller one died because the tank is too small for their territories.

It was my 20g hospital :/

I have the one in the 29 now, I do have a dojo loach (rescued) and was planning on cory's :confused:

He has a lot of plants and hiding spaces, he's taken to under the big archway ruin, I made sure today that everything was up a little bit so he could hide and move around without being bothered too much

You can forget Cory's if you want to keep your crayfish. The day my orange's came in the mail, and the moment I put them in the tank they started going nuts on my Cory's. That's how I ended up with another aqueon Minibow for a crayfish. And the Cory's were in shreds as well. These crayfish do tend to be sensitive to water parameters, and all three of mine died within 6 months of buying. So be careful with these guys, and in the future limit it to one per tank.

Nils

I don't know what he's talking about because I keep 2 crays with 4 Corry's and they share food with each other. Cray fish's temper can vary one may think its the terminator and another might be the most chill cray ever.

Back
Top Bottom