What can i add? (quick reply needed)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHRIMP17

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello, i was curious on what i could add to my fish tank. It is 45 gallons/210 litres.
I currently have;
2 Angelfish
2 sailfin mollies
1 rainbow shark
1 bristlenose pleco
1 bamboo shrimp
2 neon blue gouramis
2 clown loaches

I don't have an answer for you, but you should add your current filtration so people know and can give you a correct answer.

I would say you are already stocked. Also the Pleco and clown loaches get huge don't know if you know that. The clowns should be in groups of 3 minimum too. My guess is the shark will get big too.

hello, i was curious on what i could add to my fish tank. It is 45 gallons/210 litres.
I currently have;
2 Angelfish
2 sailfin mollies
1 rainbow shark
1 bristlenose pleco
1 bamboo shrimp
2 neon blue gouramis
2 clown loaches

You're overstocked. You do need to get the shark and the clown loaches out of there ASAP. You will probably have issues with 2 gouramis, as they are very territorial.

Once you rehome the shark and loaches, we can help you stock your tank correctly. (y)

The gourami's may be ok, think its hit and miss with them. I have a golden gourami and a pearl and they get on great. You should keep an eye on them though. The angel may also be territorial with them too

to answer your question.....you cannot add anything!
sorry.

Your tank is fully stocked. In fact, its OVERSTOCKED.

210 is 55 gallons... But you are overstocked already

SHRIMP17 said:
I currently have;
2 Angelfish
2 sailfin mollies
1 rainbow shark
1 bristlenose pleco
1 bamboo shrimp
2 neon blue gouramis
2 clown loaches

Um for the mollies. What are the sexes? You need another loach and personally a 55 is not big enough for three. Bnp should be fine in there but you might need to rehome. I had two neon gouramis and they got along good but the only thing is my friends don't like each other. And then the angels. They are pretty territorial, especially as they mature. They will become a nasty fish. Remember, angels are cichlid. I forget how big rainbows get but I know you need a lot of swimming space and will pick on the longer flowing fins.
How bad are your fish nipping right now? Also how long has your tank been set up? Do you know what your weekly nitrates are at?

Why did you need your reply so fast anyways? Patience is the main thing in this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom