What Can I Do With A 10 Gallon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None of these fish I would recommend though :lol: Pretty much for experts only...still very alien like creatures IMO.

obscurereef said:
You could feed the moray eel...if you didn't mind losing a hand or two..:whistle:

My Fire Eel has bit me a few times but luckily he has no teeth ;) I also currently have a BGK and its awesome to watch him swim.

obscurereef said:
None of these fish I would recommend though :lol: Pretty much for experts only...still very alien like creatures IMO.

Fw or Sw fish?

The saltwater fish..I've seen the dragon fire eel at my lfs..for close to $1,000..wouldn't want to lose an investment like that!

Yeah would no doubt make the fish stand out! So your dad just let you borrow and create this monster of an aquarium? Would be an awesome show piece, and to say that you made it :) love that feeling when guests come over :lol: Sorry..getting off topic.

obscurereef said:
The saltwater fish..I've seen the dragon fire eel at my lfs..for close to $1,000..wouldn't want to lose an investment like that!

Oh my Fire Eel was only $15! And he will be amazing when full grown, 30 inches or so and very colorful.

obscurereef said:
Yeah would no doubt make the fish stand out! So your dad just let you borrow and create this monster of an aquarium? Would be an awesome show piece, and to say that you made it :) love that feeling when guests come over :lol: Sorry..getting off topic.

Yeah he's awesome. He actually got
me into the hobby and is very happy having a nice tank that he doesn't have to maintain or pay for. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal though right?

That's a plus side...most FW fish are so much cheaper than SW fish. I remember when I only had a 10 gallon FW tank and thought $20 for a fish was outrageous (it was a ghostfish!). Now when I see a fish or coral for $20 it's like "oh what a steal!"

Sounds like the best! How'd he get you into the hobby? Did he used to keep FW tanks too? Or he was like "son, find a hobby" :lol:

He had a piranha tank while I was growing up and when I was in 6th grade he bought me my own 20 gallon. But they are glad I have something other to spend my $$ on than video games. But I'm still getting BO2 can't wait!

obscurereef said:
That's a plus side...most FW fish are so much cheaper than SW fish. I remember when I only had a 10 gallon FW tank and thought $20 for a fish was outrageous (it was a ghostfish!). Now when I see a fish or coral for $20 it's like "oh what a steal!"

Yeah they cost sooo much more!

That's awesome...I heard piranhas are shy (not as violent as people make them out to be) and you have to not feed them for a while to make them vicious or something. Anyway, yeah nice to balance different interests..except keeping aquariums is addicting :lol:!

obscurereef said:
That's awesome...I heard piranhas are shy (not as violent as people make them out to be) and you have to not feed them for a while to make them vicious or something. Anyway, yeah nice to balance different interests..except keeping aquariums is addicting :lol:!

Yeah I was addicted to Call of Duty, Facebook, and my iPod. Now I rarely use any of those. I have MTS. (Multiple Tank Syndrome) that's when you know your addicted and fish and girls are the only things I think about at school. Lol!

What an abnormal teenager! :lol: The story sounds similar...except I'm a girl...my friends get so annoyed when I talk about what new coral or fish I got :D

obscurereef said:
What an abnormal teenager! :lol: The story sounds similar...except I'm a girl...my friends get so annoyed when I talk about what new coral or fish I got :D

I wish I had a friend that likes fish! I'm the only one...

obscurereef said:

Yeah very skittish, I wouldn't get them again. I could stick my hand in the tank with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom