What could this be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brentweld

Aquarium Advice Activist
My blue phantom pleco has had this for a couple days. I just had ich but I believe it to be gone but could this be signs of it starting again?

Attachments

• image-3906482972.jpg
    image-3906482972.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 130
  • image-2044859198.jpg
    image-2044859198.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3318233570.jpg
    image-3318233570.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 125
  • image-428622911.jpg
    image-428622911.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 132
Nice pleco. It doesn't look like ich though. Mor of a fungus. You could try adding some salt and see how that does or go straight to some meds. Maybe erythromycin

I agree it looks like fungus and/or bacterial infection. Fungus is usually secondary to an already present bacterial infection. Jungle/Tetra makes a fungus med thats has antibiotics as well as antifungal meds in it. If you can safely handle him, you can try a product such as Biobandage & apply it daily rather than treating the tank itself.

I actually got him for 30 so I could not refuse. I'm scared to use salts I have a ton of baby orange blossom shrimp running around I don't want them to die

Blue Phantom Pleco

this article says that the blue phantom pleco gets blueish white spots. your pleco is just maturing i think. i will search for a photo but don't treat yet!

Is it getting worse at all? You could just qt him and treat him that way. Then your tank will be safe.

Are you looking between the eyes on the picture provide by the op? I don't think he is talking about the spots all over the body just more so towards the head. The patch of fuzz between his eyes... A clearer picture would help

no i didn't see anything between the eyes. when he said he thought it was ich coming back i thought he meant the spots. so if that's the case(the marks between his eyes) then please disregard my posts.:rolleyes:

Lol it's alright I just wasn't sure you were seeing the same thing as we were. The blue spots are why I think they are so nice...

I would just treat with some fungus meds. The ones listed not by me would be amazing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom