What did you do for your fish today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I stole this from a car thread that I frequent.

One simple question...

What did you do for your fish/corals/tanks today?

Today I did partial water changes in both my tanks. The water coming out of my one tank was NASTY! Brown from the driftwood in there, and carbon was nearing the end of it's lifecycle.

I fed them. Today is frozen brine shrimp day, now I'm getting ready to clean their tanks. Then, after all that (cleaning 12 tanks) I'm going to set up a filter for one of our new tanks on our 120 to get the cycle started in it so it will be ready once our new tanks are set up. Then, after that, I will be washing DW and soaking it.

fed them then did a pwc and cleaned on of my filters uck,,, and i am still trying to talk my cheap skate hubby into letting me up grade my lights so my plants will grow better lol.

10g water change from my 29 gallon.

I added one of the 29g filter sponges to the my cycling 10g and moved a sponge from the filter in the 10g to my filter in the 29g.

my husband is on his way home with a gorgeous piece of mopani driftwood and some other misc. supplies for our 20gal :D can't wait to rebuild it and get it cycling

Did a 60% PWC in the 40 gallon; cleaned the sand; removed the dead wag and goldfish who died in the most inconvenient spot in the entire tank; scrubbed down every inch of the glass and mirror to get algae off; put in a new bubble wand; discovered that bubble stones do not work in sand DUH; bought three new snails for the large tank (two blacks and a gray); bought sinking goldfish pellets for my goldfish (instead of continuing to feed them tropical flakes); added StressCoat to the tank, as well as Mellafix..

For my 10 gallon, I did a 35% PWC and added Stress Coat and Bettafix to the water.

I did my PWC routine and general housekeeping of the tank and area.
img_1108954_0_095d9f6ac431ad61311037fff4c4b252.jpg

PWC, Fed, removed the remains of a new Cory that got mugged by my school of Tiger Barbs while I was at church. :( and trimmed my Melon Sword that has reached the surface.

:eek2:

I did my first PWC in my 10, messed with the 25 and got it started cycling, and I fought the temptation to buy any fish yet! lol

Back
Top Bottom