What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The water is still a bit hazy from digging up the sub-straight, but i added this vine plant from an old lizard terrarium. I thought future fish may find it a heaven for breading, that and i like the color of it.

Looks good!

The water is still a bit hazy from digging up the sub-straight, but i added this vine plant from an old lizard terrarium. I thought future fish may find it a heaven for breading, that and i like the color of it.

Do you have a name on that plant....I kinda like it and have an idea for my tank...

Did a huge w/c on my fry tank. Fed a few too many microworms for breakfast! OOPS!
Replanted some floaters in the 26.

Waiting on the darn mail to come so I can get my newest plant package into a QT.

Gotta go take the dogs to the vet soon so hopefully it comes fast!

Did a 10%pwc on my 10 gal nano reef, scrubbed the little bit of algae off of the front glass of my 55 gal gal freshwater tank. All is well. :)

Added snails to my saltwater tank I ordered them from reef cleaners
I ordered 24 dwarf ceriths
10 nassarius
10 Florida ceriths
10 nerites
15 empty hermit shells

Here is what I got
Over 300 dwarf ceriths
15 nassarius
11 Florida ceriths
11 nerites
18 live hermits

They messed the order up a little lol
I emailed the company this is what they said lol

"Glad to hear it! The hermits shells come with some disassembling required, you should have read the fine print.

Just kidding of course. Sorry about that mistake there Kevin!"

lmfao

Added snails to my saltwater tank I ordered them from reef cleaners
I ordered 24 dwarf ceriths
10 nassarius
10 Florida ceriths
10 nerites
15 empty hermit shells

Here is what I got
Over 300 dwarf ceriths
15 nassarius
11 Florida ceriths
11 nerites
18 live hermits

They messed the order up a little lol
I emailed the company this is what they said lol

"Glad to hear it! The hermits shells come with some disassembling required, you should have read the fine print.

Just kidding of course. Sorry about that mistake there Kevin!"

lmfao

LOL! That's awesome! What will you do with all those cerith snails??

1/3 pwc on 6.6G Edge after tearing it apart yesterday.

I like the layout but it is a little cloudy and brown from new driftwood, only been soaking for a week, in the other tank.

My 2 new marble Hatchet fish are looking great, and well colored and happy.

But that is more than I can say for my Blue Rams - found one body the snails were snacking on and as the 32G QT is the same which is holding a ton of extra plants, like a little jungle in there half the tank is full of plants just hanging out waiting for someplace to go and didn't see the other one, had two... :( So maybe alive, maybe dead, but probably dead too.

The Rainbow Blue Platies are all roving around looking active and happy. The blue rams seemed super stressed. They came in the day before I got them. They are guaranteed, so I froze the dead one until I can look for the other one too, they weren't really cheap, but not bad, not going to replace them, going to wait and consider getting the nicer Hybrid kind I liked from the other lfs later. I don't usually lose many fish. It is sad. They were alive last night around midnight. Maybe those active Blue Rainbow Platys freaked them out to the breaking point. edit - yup found the other one, dead :(

My master test kit is at my new house, QT at the old one so I am going to do a big pwc in a minute. And test it later.

1/3 pwc on 6.6G Edge after tearing it apart yesterday.

I like the layout but it is a little cloudy and brown from new driftwood, only been soaking for a week, in the other tank.

My 2 new marble Hatchet fish are looking great, and well colored and happy.

But that is more than I can say for my Blue Rams - found one body the snails were snacking on and as the 32G QT is the same which is holding a ton of extra plants, like a little jungle in there half the tank is full of plants just hanging out waiting for someplace to go and didn't see the other one, had two... :( So maybe alive, maybe dead, but probably dead too.

The Rainbow Blue Platies are all roving around looking active and happy. The blue rams seemed super stressed. They came in the day before I got them. They are guaranteed, so I froze the dead one until I can look for the other one too, they weren't really cheap, but not bad, not going to replace them, going to wait and consider getting the nicer Hybrid kind I liked from the other lfs later. I don't usually lose many fish. It is sad. They were alive last night around midnight. Maybe those active Blue Rainbow Platys freaked them out to the breaking point. edit - yup found the other one, dead :(

My master test kit is at my new house, QT at the old one so I am going to do a big pwc in a minute. And test it later.

Sorry about your rams :( hate losing fish. I didn't have much luck with mine when i had them, beautiful looking fish though.

Is that what that is? My lfs said they were 'zebra snails' when I asked about them?? They look cool...any good for algae etc? thanks

They are zebra nerites, i have 3 and 2 candy ones. Brilliant for algae they never stop cleaning lol

They are zebra nerites, i have 3 and 2 candy ones. Brilliant for algae they never stop cleaning lol

Excellent thank u! Just googles them...do u do anything to provide extra calcium for their shells?? Thanks again for info

Just done 50% water change on 5G puffer tank and 16G tetra and cory's tank! Always feel good once water change done :)

Excellent thank u! Just googles them...do u do anything to provide extra calcium for their shells?? Thanks again for info

Just done 50% water change on 5G puffer tank and 16G tetra and cory's tank! Always feel good once water change done :)

I feed mine blanched kale, spinach and cucumber. And put a piece of cuttlebone half into the substrate leaving a piece hanging out my snail's nibble on it. How's your puffer?

I feed mine blanched kale, spinach and cucumber. And put a piece of cuttlebone half into the substrate leaving a piece hanging out my snail's nibble on it. How's your puffer?

He looks good, more active now (not sure if u read about awful incident, almost lost him down bath plug whilst doing water change!!) won't eat tho?!? V stressful :-( good info re cuttlebone, thanks

Back
Top Bottom