What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been a sad few days in my fish room. I made the decision to get rid of all but 2 of my aquariums. I got 9 sold!(I couldn't even bring myself to consider getting rid of my saltwater tanks. Not happening. Lol.) Hopefully I have a really awesome tank to show for it in the future though. :)

get rid of the two saltwater and buy a 500gal :)

get rid of the two saltwater and buy a 500gal :)

Lol. I wish! I live in an apartment and I think my 55 is already pushing it. :) one of these days when I have a house I want a 150g+ fowlr with triggers, angels, tangs, etc. :)

I went yesterday and seen a guys 125 gallon reef... That's what I want now

Had to pick up a test kit and the only place that had it is an awesome SW only reef store and every time I go in there I want a SW, guess what is in the back of my mind today??? lol -:brows: know what you mean!!! ;)

I went yesterday and seen a guys 125 gallon reef... That's what I want now

Lol. You have way more coral than me. I have to wait for my 55 to fill out before I think about that! One of these days though. :)

I did a pwc on my 10 g nano reef. Also cleaned the smaller hob filter. It didnt seem to be working right. It's better now! Fed mysis to Blue and MicroVert for the coral. Now I'm trying to figure out a good spot for my next coral- pulsing Xenia. :)

Yeah. most of mine are small frags at the moment though. I'm about done buying coral until they start filling out lol

Lol. Good call I'm excited that my pumping Xenias split a new head! I don't have much variety. I'll get there. :)

I found a local reef club and that has opened up a variety of places to get coral a lot cheaper

That's awesome. I'm trying to find people in my community that keep sw. I'm hoping that'll make it easier. We have a reef club here but I don't think they're very active, with us being out in the middle of the desert and all. Lol.

Hmmmm...

Drove 20 miles to LFS, spent 2 hours drooling/shopping/picking my LFS owner's brain! Drove home.

Boiled new driftwood 4+ hours, planted 3 Anubias, acclimated/added 6 fish to 2 different tanks, fertilized my Vallisneria Spiralis and Swords (2 different tanks).

Best part = ALL of it, except the drive to LFS!

Worst part = Only the drive!! Traffic is horrible here!

:fish2:

Valina

Hmmmm...

Drove 20 miles to LFS, spent 2 hours drooling/shopping/picking my LFS owner's brain! Drove home.

Boiled new driftwood 4+ hours, planted 3 Anubias, acclimated/added 6 fish to 2 different tanks, fertilized my Vallisneria Spiralis and Swords (2 different tanks).

Best part = ALL of it, except the drive to LFS!

Worst part = Only the drive!! Traffic is horrible here!

:fish2:

Valina

Wow closest store is that far... dang that's hard corps.. nice.

Worked then came home to my hubby moving a piece of our sectional out of the house.. he decided i should keep 3 tabks in the living room (my idea he orginally shot down ;) until today) then he says we r gettin my 125g n the house today ::dance dance:: so ill have a 20g h with a nlue crayfish soon , 55g with tons of cories n ottos n my gourami , then my 125g african.. oh life can be sweet sometimes.. lol im super excited ... glad he changed his mind

Caught, boxed, and returned some Junk shrimp I got from someone! Not on here. Ick, catching little shrimp in a big tank sucks. Also might have a trade for blue pearl shrimp for my elephant ear betta named phil.

Caught, boxed, and returned some Junk shrimp I got from someone! Not on here. Ick, catching little shrimp in a big tank sucks. Also might have a trade for blue pearl shrimp for my elephant ear betta named phil.

Catching shrimp in any tank sucks lol. It's bad when you spend 15 minutes and give up because your outsmarted by a shrimp.

Catching shrimp in any tank sucks lol. It's bad when you spend 15 minutes and give up because your outsmarted by a shrimp.

Easiest way to catch shrimp in any size tank IME is with two nets. They move backwards so catch their attention with a net in front of them then slide your net up behind them. When they take off cause your front net is too close, they will shoot right into the net behind them. Problem solved.

a lot were pewee's, they were so cheap. They didn't have any red on them. Lesson learned. only buy from trusted sellers. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom