What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did small water changes on all 3 tanks.. removed driftwood piece from the 55g it was gettin food trapped under it yuck... setup all my new goodies and am just getting things ready for my new fish.. bought some new food cobalt so far its ok all fish love it so will see ..

Added my 3 albino cories to my elephant nose tank as i got up this morning and all of them had been bleeding and bites out of their tails i think my betta has decided he doesn't want company anymore!

Added my 3 albino cories to my elephant nose tank as i got up this morning and all of them had been bleeding and bites out of their tails i think my betta has decided he doesn't want company anymore!

Poor little guys! I had a Betta living, it seemed happily for a couple of months, with some African Dwarf Frogs they had a little rock cave hideout too, just in case, then one day there was a spot on one and a couple days later, I see him dive bomb one. So you just never know!

This week has been hectic as will next week too. Thought I would have the time but didn't so will be moving two tanks in the next couple days, 16G and 2.5 OEBT and my 6.6G Edge and Betta.

Added water to everything did a 1/3rd pwc on my 72G.

Found the Blue Rainbow Patties with at least 5 babies in there, in the QT tank.

Had a bit of a laugh since my thought-to-be dwarf Vals are growing to be a foot plus tall!!! Maybe they are mixed since some ARE staying small.

One of my new Tiger Lily bulbs has 15 leaves on it now and several of them are floating on the surface.

My 37G tank which had damaged plants from the heat and salt from treating my Ich is coming back. I got my new packs of Ferka Stemma and Rosetta and there are new nice green leaves everywhere, like it is spring time. Next to the half dead skeletonized sick ones, so I guess when I finally move it over to the new house, I will rescape it with new Garnet sand and trim all the old and everything will have a new start!

Finally, I found a flower shoot on one of my small Swords, in the 72G, Eco-Complete substrate, with Ferka substrate ferts added., it is appx. 3 inches from the surface.

Maybe I should half ignore my tanks more often!!!

Sorry this is so long!

Replanted the damage the snails have done....geez I am getting tired of them things! So tired some of them got exiled again....Added 10 RCS to the clean up crew as it only had a few yellows and a couple ghosties left...discovered one of the rainbows musta go spooked and jumped out, found him but too late:( Now it is off to the LFS to see about that 20gal!

Got my babies in today.. some where too small for the 125g so i had to stick them in the 20g til they grow some.. gonna get the 10g up n running for the crayfish/crawfish we have coming next week.. had a few small fish the hubby let in the 125 manage to rescue all but 1 in time .. ordered 19 fish they sent 7 extras so 1 possible loss out of all those isnt so bad.. my nyerereis teamed up n was on either side of it attacking noticed it then realized jamie dumped fish in the wrong tank :/

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130321_191350.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130321_191350.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ForumRunner_20130321_191415.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130321_191415.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20130321_191400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130321_191400.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 78
  • ForumRunner_20130321_191430.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130321_191430.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 102
This happened last night during feeding. I dropped in a bloodworm cube and as normal, my fish went nuts. A chunk came off any my female bolivian ram hit it like a freight train. In the time that I have had her, she has never taken to eating bloodworms. Maybe now she likes them. Today was water changes on both tanks. as soon as I move in a few months, I'll be setting up my 55 gallon!

Still on the 20 gal hunt..... added a few new plants and spent time planning the 20's Aquascape. It will be planted from overgrowth from the ten, heh AFTER a dip in algacide which will KILL snails as well....they will not get in the 20 gal! "they shall not pass!"

I moved things around In my 20 gallon tank and added a cichlid stone from another tank.

image-3057021170.jpg

Added a couple more snails

image-4057224328.jpg

image-3511852408.jpg

image-1095014380.jpg

image-1046725723.jpg
Jack dempsey I'm nursing back to health from a friend is doing better

image-2586238380.jpg

My ghost shrimp colony. And yes, ik they are in with fish that'll eventually eat them. But that's what I bought them for. Lol but right now there breeding like crazy.

Attachments

• image-1873570415.jpg
    image-1873570415.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 58
Water change on the 10 gal betta tank. And I'm in the middle of a major cleaning/rearranging of my 56. Waiting for more water to drain so I can do some arranging. Pulled out all the plastic plants and moved the big rock structure so I could vacuum everything off the sand. Pleco poop has been collecting in places I can't usually reach. Plus, I just dropped the fake plants in haphazardly to add some cover so I'm putting them in like I really want them this time around. Once I get the rest of the mystery snail babies grown up or moved out of the tank I plan on adding some real plants to replace them. I'm also arranging my driftwood a little better. I'll post pics when I'm done!

Edit - Went all out with the tank cleaning. Cleaned the filters and the glass cover, too. Looks good, but I'm waiting for the water to clear before I take pictures. Stirred up a lot of dust from the sand, but the tank is super clean.

Really nice :) sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks. And I opened my front door today to find a package containing a piece of driftwood I almost forgot I ordered! And it's big. So now the project of the day is to figure out how to soak/boil this thing.

Thanks. And I opened my front door today to find a package containing a piece of driftwood I almost forgot I ordered! And it's big. So now the project of the day is to figure out how to soak/boil this thing.

Have fun soaking your driftwood! One thing i don't like doing lol

Went to Menard's, TSC, and Lowes to get some soil and sand to turn my tank over for gravel to walstad method. Oh, and I also got some new CFL's for my 2.5's.
Then went to the LFS and bought 2 more peppered cories to make a proper school of little ones. I have full grown peppered, but the Juvies don't school with them.
Then did w/c's on every tank.
Hoping to start rinsing everything tomorrow am get it into the tank on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom