What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
put on mask and snorkel and went in to finish aquascaping.

Bought a banded bamboo shark.

Trimmed back some plants, fed my polypterus teugelsi, did an overdue water change! Tomorrow is the time to do a complete clean of the hang on filter!

Mumma, I was thinking same thing after reading your post about running out of electric outlets! You should see my outlet...most have at least 1 powerstrip plugged in. Good thing is I can add an outlet or two if I need to! Just hate working with electricity but may come to that!
By the way...love your tanks...and watching your TV build. Looks great!:dance:

Malawi Freak said:
Ugh. Spent half of Saturday shaving our 4 horses.

I'm jealous!! I want a horse. I feel for you though, helping my trainer shave the horses is no fun especially when they don't like clippers.

Gave the Krib fry there first meal :)

GuppyLover said:
I'm jealous!! I want a horse. I feel for you though, helping my trainer shave the horses is no fun especially when they don't like clippers.

Gave the Krib fry there first meal :)

I have a horse! Except I think in public it's referred to as a "Great Dane"

All my girls are fairly great about the clippers - its the trying to keep the 2 palominos clean or decently clean this time of year that's a joy LOL soon as I get them cleaned up they're either back splashing in the pond or finding the muddiest spot in the field to roll

Had to revamp my plans since I had a couple holding Victorian females - back to the tank map LOL j/king looks like I'll have to re-set up the one 35g and get into my stash and start the other 35g

phoenixkiller said:
Yeah, I think we all have an animal that we compare to a horse... mine is my clueless Border Collie, Cookie.

Yeah, when your dog is about 120 lbs, you really do have to treat it like a horse. Lord knows she eats like a horse :)

SherryD said:
Mumma, I was thinking same thing after reading your post about running out of electric outlets! You should see my outlet...most have at least 1 powerstrip plugged in. Good thing is I can add an outlet or two if I need to! Just hate working with electricity but may come to that!
By the way...love your tanks...and watching your TV build. Looks great!:dance:

Thanks! Lol we need a fish room each!

Grr! Just noticed my husband unplugged one of my filters!! Very annoyed! I have no idea how long it's been off. At least 24 hours. Not happy!
So.... Now I've got to go digging for my test kit and do a water change.

I like how we throw in something at the end of the horse comments to keep it thread legal. I used to have a horse and palominos are hard to keep clean and hard to keep from sun bleaching.

I fed my fish some bloodworms and I dropped in a bottom feeder wafer for the ghost shrimp. One is pregnant! And I think one of my Rummies is pregnant or full of eggs. Her tummy looks fatish.

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks! Lol we need a fish room each!

Grr! Just noticed my husband unplugged one of my filters!! Very annoyed! I have no idea how long it's been off. At least 24 hours. Not happy!
So.... Now I've got to go digging for my test kit and do a water change.

If you have the room, you can do what Dustin from dustinsfishtanks is doing. He is making a greenhouse for his tanks. He put in concrete floors with drains for WC and other things along with plenty of electricity outlets. I am soooooo tempted to do this

Here's a thing that was worked fantastic for me - its a huge power bar that has 12 plug-ins - have this in the middle row of my rack. Since I don't run many hob's and all those tanks are on a central blower for individual sponges has been a life saver, got it as a gift from one of the industrial supply stores

I added four more neon.tetras to the 6 I got yesterday.:D. got some swords for my 55 gallon!!

Moved a couple corals around and gave the tank it's weekly scraping. Also trimmed my cheato a little bit! And started a new batch of pwc water.

Tested water, and Wc in all tanks. Examined one betta to see if his fins are growing any...think they are! Watched the other betta for about 30 mins to make sure he ate something cuz I haven't seen him eat anything since I bought him on Friday.
Speaking of I was going to ask...why is the water the bettas are kept in at the store blue?

smomus said:
Tested water, and Wc in all tanks. Examined one betta to see if his fins are growing any...think they are! Watched the other betta for about 30 mins to make sure he ate something cuz I haven't seen him eat anything since I bought him on Friday.
Speaking of I was going to ask...why is the water the bettas are kept in at the store blue?

I think the blue water is some sort of medication or stress reducer or something to slow down their systems during transportation so they don't create alot of waste.

Bearchumjs said:
I think the blue water is some sort of medication or stress reducer or something to slow down their systems during transportation so they don't create alot of waste.

Oh that's really kind of sad. Dope up the bettas :(
I watched a worker change the water one time and it was changed with more blue water. I wondered if it had some kind of food in it too. Reminded me of water with miracle grow in it. Didn't think then to ask what was in it, just assumed it was food.
Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic... :)

Back
Top Bottom