What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munchie said:
Did a 40% water change and vacuumed the substrate. removed a 14" piece of driftwood as it was starting to tint my water (left two smaller pieces) I arranged my 10 ciclid stones in the area the wood was so my blood parrots still have their little area to hide.

Replanted a few plants and did a bit of trimming.

Just dumped Easy Life fluid filter medium in it so it is a bit cloudy.

Getting ready for when I add my two 30" T5's with dual bulbs and a 18W UV sterilizer next weekend. Might pick up a second eheim pro so I can double filter.

It's cloudy but I love it! I love the van gogh and brick wall behind the tank too!

Changed substrate to sand, re arranged plants, scooped fry into the nursery, set up a soon to be angel breeding tank ( 30 gal) added plants and sand to it, would post pics but I'm burnt out and it's past bedtime for my fishies ;)

Bubbles0oO said:
Changed substrate to sand, re arranged plants, scooped fry into the nursery, set up a soon to be angel breeding tank ( 30 gal) added plants and sand to it, would post pics but I'm burnt out and it's past bedtime for my fishies ;)

You were busy!!

Put a handful of these in the 125.

img_1901743_0_9e154c214bd22a8affc07522f528705f.jpg

Rearranged my 20g and hooked up bubblers in my 20g and 50g. The 50g went fine, I think because it is sand, but the 20g... What a waste of my lunch time. :( The bubbles don't penetrate the gravel very well at all.

That's what I did. Instead of getting little bubbles everywhere, I get big bubbles from one spot. I put a big ceramic cichlid rock over the bubbly spot and it looks alot better... The bubbles just come out of the holes in the rock. However, I could have done the same thing with a $2 airstone rather than a $10 flexi-bubbler. :(

That's what I did. Instead of getting little bubbles everywhere, I get big bubbles from one spot. I put a big ceramic cichlid rock over the bubbly spot and it looks alot better... The bubbles just come out of the holes in the rock. However, I could have done the same thing with a $2 airstone rather than a $10 flexi-bubbler. :(
Sorry bout that. I hope you don't have a funny problem like that again!

Set up a new 10g next to my bed to cycle. black gravel with clear pebbles. Turned or way pretty! Need to get a divider so once it's cycled I can put both bettas in. pwc in all the rest of my tanks. Productive day!

Discovered all of my last batch of guppy fry dead this morning... Guess the mom passed on her illness before she gave birth. It looks like my other adult female dropped last night but I didn't see fry. Guess I'm digging around to look for some when I get home.

I cleaned my 5 gallon really good last night. It had hard water lines that were bugging me and a patch of algae showed up in one corner. It looks really pretty now! :)

Did nothing with the 55. It's new inhabitants are still getting adjusted to their new home. They are all doing well today!

Back
Top Bottom