What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like a powerhead with a big prefilter. No harm as a second filter, but from what I can see its really a powerhead first and a filter second.

I'd go ahead and try it out. My deal breaker would be noise and current. Too noisy or too much current, not for me (but I have a 20 gallon long).

Sorry for your losses, any idea what caused these issues?

I know the rasboras had a fungal infection 8 were infected.

The platy in the other tank I'm not 100% sure or was about 2yrs old. It looked Like a swim bladder issue

I know the rasboras had a fungal infection 8 were infected.

The platy in the other tank I'm not 100% sure or was about 2yrs old. It looked Like a swim bladder issue

Assuming you aquired the rasboras with the infection, were you quarantining them before introducing into your tank or did they contract the infection elsewhere?

I have no idea where they got the infection. They have been in the tank for over 6 months, I have not added any stock in the last 2-3 months

I have no idea where they got the infection. They have been in the tank for over 6 months, I have not added any stock in the last 2-3 months

Did you add any plants? Sometimes they can carry them. I got Columnaris 2x from not dipping them before adding to my tanks and now that I've started that I haven't had it since.
It could have also been something in the tap water, that's even more rare but occasionally possible.

Did you add any plants? Sometimes they can carry them. I got Columnaris 2x from not dipping them before adding to my tanks and now that I've started that I haven't had it since.
It could have also been something in the tap water, that's even more rare but occasionally possible.

What are you dipping your plants in?

Nothing new, actually added some bamboo shrimp a few moths ago I only trimmed the plants I have. The only thing was one of my GBRs died 2-3weeks ago no sign of infection, injury or anything. My water perimeters have been perfect

I went to Lowes and got extra tubing for my water changer, connectors for the tubing, various pvc pieces for making hiding spots for the fish, and silicone and a caulk gun for resealing my leaky 20 long. Plus a nice little silicone bead smoother so I don't have to get it all on my fingers. In a little while I think I will start tearing out the old silicone!

Was gifted two air pumps, so I added air stones to my three small tanks and my 30g yesterday. Today I was able to find for free everything I needed to make an aquarium background. Yay! ( gotta love craft crazy people who overstock on things). So I started that project today. I will post pics when it's done. Pwc on all tanks, and I redesigned my 30g to accommodate the background I am making.

Treating for Camallanus worms.....ugh! Tomorrow though converting the tank to a full planted tank with Eco-Complete fine grade sand. Got some real nice pieces of driftwood and a plant package from another member here. Very excited!

Treating for Camallanus worms.....ugh! Tomorrow though converting the tank to a full planted tank with Eco-Complete fine grade sand. Got some real nice pieces of driftwood and a plant package from another member here. Very excited!

Sounds good, I am doing similar this weekend with our 6G Cyl Tank, rescaping with EC and adding dw.

If possible boil your driftwood, or at least pre-soak it so it doesn't float.

I boil first, then soak in buckets to get the wood to leach out as much color as possible... unless you like tea colored water ;)

Good luck!

Added Sheldon, Shelly for short, the assassin snail to our 6G Cyl Tank this moring... my daughter named him :fish2:

Hoping no more guppy die . I had one get clamped fin and died late tht same night I noticed it wasn't well . I didn't know about proper cycling til after I got fish most of my Livig guppies are just feeder guppies I have 2 fancy male guppies and a fancy endler male and one fancy female . I have Cory cat doing well and I ten gal I got bargain fancy female guppies 3 that I'm quarantining

Sounds good, I am doing similar this weekend with our 6G Cyl Tank, rescaping with EC and adding dw.

If possible boil your driftwood, or at least pre-soak it so it doesn't float.

I boil first, then soak in buckets to get the wood to leach out as much color as possible... unless you like tea colored water ;)

Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck too! Mines a bit bigger, 46 gallon bow front. I've boiled my driftwood twice now for about 2 hours at a time and have had it soaking in buckets when it's not boiling so I should be good. If tannins leak I'll just either deal with it or throw some carbon in my filter, either way I can't wait! (y)

Realized I have fry from my Rainbow Blue Platy, a hand ful, fed them First bites and some FD Hikari Tubiflex to all the fish.

The adopted rescue African Dwarf Frog ADF surprised our house guest in the middle of the night with a croaking mating call.

Yesterday he says to me, the fish lady...asking if I know I have a frog in with that Betta fish? HAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO: No?! really! I told him I knew it was in there but hadn't ever heard it croaking. So I guess it is a male and I should look for a female friend for him, lol, since he asked so nicely.

Guest said he heard a frog and started looking all around, thinking one had hopped into the house (on the upstairs floor) finally localizing the sound the the sound to the planted 2.5G bowl.

The Betta will probably get to go to his new adopted home on Sunday. For my college friend from work. Then the frog(s) will have the bowl to themselves. Maybe baby frogs!!!

The gross gel slime on my driftwood in the 12G Edge is seeming to be slowly eaten by two big Mystery snails.

My new Fire Red shrimp are doing great I am guessing there were about 30, the tank is teaming with them now and it looks great. Here is a pic of one of them, they are a little more red than in the pic, my phone camera doesn't do so well with pics.
60074-albums9764-picture61198.jpg

My Dark Blue Velvets are still pretty light, I put them into my OEBT tank and they seem to be getting along just fine.

I will probably remove all but 2 of the Ramshorn snails and the ones that are too small lol, because the RH are eating most of the food and blob over the top of it making it difficult for the shrimp to get at. Although they will grab a pellet and go up into the Java Moss forest and eat it, so cute:D

Day before moved my DD's Betta into the new 5G Marineland tank, couldn't get the filter to suck. Yesterday banged it around and must have got the impeller unstuck, it is all built in so I couldn't just take it apart and clean it as far as I can tell the impeller is a sealed unit. I will need to check on that, it is a used tank, no instructions.

It has a plant light so The Java Fern Java Moss and Dwarf Vals will be sooo happy to have light again. Added a big chunk of Mopani DW which looks kinda cool. Her fish is seeming sluggish and is laying around a lot. I am gonna feed him some frozen brine shrimp and throw a snail in for clean up I think.

My avatar Betta is beginning to get used to his 5G Chi tank and the weird water flow at the top of the tank, and getting more active swimming around too.

Added water to the 37G.

Wow - That was more than I thought!

My new Fire Red shrimp are doing great I am guessing there were about 30, the tank is teaming with them now and it looks great. Here is a pic of one of them, they are a little more red than in the pic, my phone camera doesn't do so well with pics.
60074-albums9764-picture61198.jpg

My Dark Blue Velvets are still pretty light, I put them into my OEBT tank and they seem to be getting along just fine.

Busy you!

I am interested in OEBT offspring, if you get any... especially if they cross with Blue Velvets (is that even possible?) :whistle:

Also, what's the deal with the RH slime? I have a jar covered with it... I though those were eggs possibly :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom