What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Birthday Alyxx! Have fun at the aquarium.

Thanks guys! I had a really nice weekend and the aquarium was awesome. Kjacks, that's sad! New Orleans isn't half as bad as people make it out to be. Just like anywhere else, you just have to be mindful of where you are and keep away from bad areas. I took tons of pictures! I will post them when I'm not exhausted, lol. I met up with an old friend last night and we were out way past the closing time of most of the bars. My boyfriend and I watched the sunrise from the balcony of our hotel, and had to check out by 11. I am beat! All I am doing with my aquariums for the rest of the day is watching them! Or more likely falling asleep in front of them.

Yes lay up against the glass, vertically instead of horizontally.

Well tried to go to work but all the roads were closed. We were on TV Denver channel 7 a little while ago.

I'm keeping you and everyone on your area in my thoughts. I hope you make it through all this rough weather ok. Being in southern Louisiana, I know how terrifying the possibility of flooding is. Just stay safe!

Well our town water is contaminated and every where around us is flooded.

It is now pouring rain and I wouldn't be surprised if we get an evacuation notice before long.

I have all the lights on in the tanks just in case the electric goes out they will get a last amount of light till I don't know when. Fed everybody.

Pray for us, (my family is alright, but apprehensive) so many people around us have had life changing experiences, in the local areas most water is contaminated and roads and bridges have been washed out and made unstable. The rivers and streams have gone way over the banks. This area has a bunch of water because of the rivers, it is a waterway more or less.

They are saying 500 year flood. We have had as much water fall in 4 days as we normally have ALL year.

So if I end up not posting for awhile, that is why.

My thoughts are with you and your family for a safe return to "normal". I spoke with my friend in Denver and he said he was standing in the sunshine but his rental house near Boulder was under water. I guess you just had to be in the right place at the right time. :confused: Stay safe.

Yes lay up against the glass, vertically instead of horizontally.

Well tried to go to work but all the roads were closed. We were on TV Denver channel 7 a little while ago.

Got it! And I got everything planted but I need more sand.

Attachments

• image-247299748.jpg
    image-247299748.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 128
Lots of activity! In my 55 gal I did a 50% PWC and three Mollys were rehomed to another tank.

Went to the local chain pet store that has really good and inexpensive fish. For less than $9 (everything was on special) I got 4 fish:

I added two swordtails (a male and female) to my 55 gal. tank that had two rescue females in it already. I went ahead and bought the single neon tetra that the store had left as I have a school of 8 of them already and he will be happier in my tank. I also bought a small female blue/ 3 spot gourami to go with my adult female gourami. Hoping they get along but have a tank to rehome the little one if necessary.

Well yesterday I did a 50% pwc on my 55gal fathead minnow tank. Big Meanie and the Professor were both pleased. Pruned back the wisteria and removed alot of the hornwort. It was getting a little crazy. Looked at the 35 gal hex and decided I'd wait on cleaning til later this week when I bought it a new filter. The filter it came with is old and crappy. Anyway- power flicked off last night and the filter finally went kaput. So I got a Marineland penguin 200 today. It's rated for up to 50 gallons. So that will be a nice upgrade from what was already on it. I'll be doing a 15 gallon water change and setting up the new filter as soon as I'm done with this post!

Well yesterday I did a 50% pwc on my 55gal fathead minnow tank. Big Meanie and the Professor were both pleased. Pruned back the wisteria and removed alot of the hornwort. It was getting a little crazy. Looked at the 35 gal hex and decided I'd wait on cleaning til later this week when I bought it a new filter. The filter it came with is old and crappy. Anyway- power flicked off last night and the filter finally went kaput. So I got a Marineland penguin 200 today. It's rated for up to 50 gallons. So that will be a nice upgrade from what was already on it. I'll be doing a 15 gallon water change and setting up the new filter as soon as I'm done with this post!

Just did the water change and turned on the new filter. That thing is a beast! I'll be doing water changes every other day for at least the next week and keep an eye out for any spikes in ammo or trites. Will also only feed every other day so as not to cause any unnecessary waste. Yay for new filters and beautiful tanks! :)

Finally completed my DIY spray bar for my Fluval 406. Man what a difference. I can't believe they just do not include spray bars with filters. I finally have a perfect current through my tank that's not blasting my fish or leaving dead spots w/o circulation.

I don't have pics of it, but we all know what they look like!

I worked on my aquascape in my freshwater tank. I'm making a dwarf hairgrass carpet. Below is a picture from two days ago, and then a picture of it today.

Attachments

• image-3849529317.jpg
    image-3849529317.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1997535353.jpg
    image-1997535353.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image-4126969519.jpg
    image-4126969519.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-4061935817.jpg
    image-4061935817.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 80
Fed fish checked my dads tank and super ick plus temp up to 85 cured ick its all clear and cleared up after first treatment

I started with a store bought 50g the 1st of the year with stand/canopy/filter. A good fishing bud of mines was asking question about aquarium & had one when he was younger. He is tight on the funds since he is now a father & was looking at c.list for a good setup. Since I got the 130g & a 29g, I washed up the 50g that was put away & surprised him with everything he needed & asked for nothing. He is doing a plant & community school & told him I am not the plant guy for his project. lol! Pay it Forward!

I did absoultely nothing with my tanks today... This is what 9th grade does to a fish lover... Especially being a straight A student in honors classes adding extra homework... Being smart yet again ruins my life... lol!

Ha! I know how you feel.

Just to keep this thread on topic, I mourned the loss of my betta fish.

Back
Top Bottom