What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talked to my friend whom I had previously given my oscar to, turns out his oscar and mine are love birds! After a couple of failed attempts, we have babies!! I'm so happy I gave my oscar to a good home! I would post a pic of the babies on this post but it won't let me. I can put it in my album on here.

Tried my hand at putting together a diy co2 system and it worked out perfectly...here's hoping my dwarf hairgrass gets going

Did some water changes and now I have some frozen food defrosting. Tomorrow I should be able to get all the rest of my water changes done.

Well, I haven't done it yet but I am thinking of rearranging my 35g hex tank. I need to open up the sand bed more so Jeremy Feathers (Featherfin cat) can maneuver better. I want to take out the fake castle decoration and make a more natural cave out of river rock. And I also want to figure out how to get a few of my plants off the sand and higher in the tank. So it's gonna be quite the project. I will post pictures when it's done but it may take a few days. Thankfully I have seen no signs of Ich for a week. I lowered my temp to normal after having it raised to 86 for 2 weeks. (So it's been at normal temp for a week now)

How long til I can add more fish? I would like to get some more long fin danios. I was thinking 2 more weeks maybe?

Tested water In both tanks I added tums Sunday and Monday for snails . Ph is 8.1 all levels are 0 and in 29 gal the nitrate is 5-10 and In 20 gal 0-5
So I am thinking my fish in cycle is complete and my dwarf gourami males are getting along . They even rest together at night and no nipped fins

Did some water changes and now I have some frozen food defrosting. Tomorrow I should be able to get all the rest of my water changes done.

Speaking of water changes, i havent done one in the 20g long for almost 2 weeks! I will get to it tommarow then. Rams are breeding again!

Gonna try breed Betta in it maybe my roomate got a pretty female and I have several males so I will maybe try

My giant Red Tail Shark has passed away.

She was about 8 years old. I am not sure how long they usually live. She was my favorite and so very beautiful.

She seemed perfectly fine except a couple days ago her tail was pale. Yesterday beautiful red. Came home from work and found her.

Very sad right now. :bawl:

Koi Angels eggs were gone when I got home from work, though I wasn't really expecting any babies.

My giant Red Tail Shark has passed away.:.

Very sad indeed :(

Blanched a small chunk of carrot. Put a small piece in for the shrimp. They did not like it. My dog did. Cut up some four leaf clover runners and replanted them in the front of my planted tank and shrimp tank.

gazed at my dt for about 45min watching my fish, learning personalities, and trying to decide what im missing, and ive decided i have no blue! so now im on a hunt!

Back
Top Bottom