What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about the puppy. My dog had a cyst his his eye a few years back and for the cost of a small dream tank it was successfully removed.

PWC and rinsed out the media in one of the filters. Pulled out some broadleaf chain sword to make room for some Alternanthera reineckii 'cardinalis' that I picked up from PetSmart in one of those Topfin gel packs. They are very small (which is something the gel pack plants seem to have in common). Once they acclimate and start growing they should attain full size. Finger crossed on this.
Top view of new plants:
uLVcD4K.jpg

Plants that were removed:
TAIKRH9.jpg

Ongoing battle with the MTS; I use toothpicks to hold down some new plantings and the MTS have ideas of their own:
nDRnwMv.jpg

Last night i made a great dicovery! I found an extra penquin 100 filter catridge and stuck it in front of my aqueon catridge. Now i also have a pre filter!

Last night i made a great dicovery! I found an extra penquin 100 filter catridge and stuck it in front of my aqueon catridge. Now i also have a pre filter!

Nice find. Just rinse it out frequently and that will help remove waste before it gets a chance to breakdown.

I have an overly pregnant guppy that isn't swimmig well... She looks life he should have her babies now... Not sure what to do ... I have her in a seperate cup my water is perfect I just did 50% WC 2 days ago

Did 25% wc on dirted snail poo was everywhere! Thinking of rearranging plans for new plants that are coming in the mail=) Guppys had more fry counted 3 new ones, such young mamas. Fed all fish, and looked into grindals? the microworm cousin? Thinking of getting a live culture going for the fish friends.

Well the female guppy is still alive must be her swim bladder so will give her salt dip after work. I'm not feeding her .. Hopefully se pulls through

I have an overly pregnant guppy that isn't swimmig well... She looks life he should have her babies now... Not sure what to do ... I have her in a seperate cup my water is perfect I just did 50% WC 2 days ago

That cup setup seems like it could be stressful... just saying.

Added some driftwood to my 55gallon, replanted my water wisteria that will not lay down roots! Gave the mollies and snails an algae wafer, and stared...

She is still alive and I only keep her in when not (in case of death ) and when home for salt bath

Got my new Current Satellite + on. Needless to say I've spent a minimum of 45 minutes messing with the different modes. My fish have to be so confused. Hahaha.

Do you like it? How bright is it?

I love it. It's certainly much brighter than the fluorescent bulb I has before it. But I don't have any PAR readings on it. From what I read about it, at my tank depth, about 16", it's at the higher end of the low light range. But the different modes are very very nice. I love the dawn/dusk mode. And the lightning is very cool.

Yeh found two of my new fis from there dead to... I'm just gonna get a refund and try find a better place to buy problem is like all non chain store places are 30 min or more away

Back
Top Bottom