What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gave my puffers what might have been their most entertaining meal yet. Found a fat earthworm that was about 6 inches long and just dropped it in the tank. It took them a while to stop being scared of it but they worked as a team and ate it up. Tried taking a video but I thought I pressed cord but didn't.
Well! Sure sounds like a tasty meal!

Today is the usual. Fed fish. Contemplated water change schedule. Dreaded cleaning the 55 gallon again. lol.

Also, I'm gonna make the most expensive Amazon.com order yet. I need some CO2 stuff, equipment for the Betta tank, fertilizers, and maybe some lights!! Whew!

Busy tank day!
I did a 50% pwc on Alfred's tank, in my office, adding a wee bit of salt to help combat the beginnings of fin rot. Also replaced his heater with a new one that seems to be much more effective. And since I was mucking around anyway, I re-scaped it.

Came home and tackled my 29 gallon. Tests showed a bit of ammonia still, so I did a 50% pwc on that, emptying the buckets into my veggie patch. Added fresh water with both stability and prime because my tap water has 0.25 ammonia in it right now. Took out the crushed coral I put in on the weekend because my new pH test says I am at 7.2.

Fed my neons and my son's betta, Jupiter. Fed Alfred a wee bit before I left the office, too.

Stared at my tank, trying to decide if my plants are happy. I think they are. Watched bubbles drift up from my water change. Tried to work out if I could justify staring at my tank more instead if working more. Decided to up-date my tank journal and some other threads instead, but I am running out nor excuses now.

Turned on the tank lights my angel died. Last night I discovered he had Pop eye when I came home from work.

Fed the crew and ordered some root tabs and new plants. This online shopping thing is starting to get addicting.

Turned on the tank lights my angel died. Last night I discovered he had Pop eye when I came home from work.

I'm very sorry for your loss.....

I fed my RCS tank dried earthworm flakes..... talk about going nuts! Not only did I have a ton of shrimp, of all ages, going postal on me, all the berried females came out, too. Didn't know I had so many. I'm about to have a baby boom! :dance:

Got my new tanks today! So today I'll be spending the day scrubbing and scrapping to get these things clean, plus they have been outside for a while so they both need new silicone

I put an algae tab in the 55 for the nerite snails. They ignored them completely. All the fish seem to like them. I guess I didn't need to feed them flakes this morning.

Finished tearing down my 5 gal and am cleaning it so that I can turn it into a pico reef in a few weeks. Or whenever I buy rock and seawater.

Did about a 70% change on my 20 gallon today and will do the other tanks tomorrow.

Laid on the sofa, snuggled with the 3 dogs, got my zen moment just watching the fish.......

I have fed my fish some flake.

Then I'm off to the LFS to get some 39w T5HO LIGEGLO tubes for my lighting upgrade.

Jon

Took out all my gravel in my 55g and put pfs in it. :) ill most likely lose some fish and have mini cycle..i.stressed them out really bad..

You'd be surprised at how easily they come through these things. I doubt you'll hit a mini cycle but do check out your filter housing within the next few days to see if you need to rinse sand out of it.

Looks like I have another new batch of shrimplets in my rcs tank. I just adore those little buggers...... definitely one of my favorite species.

40% pwc on my 100 gallon. Added pressurized Co2 and planted a few more small plants that were shooting off my Anubis.

Adding a carbon pad to my eheim pro today

30% water change on the fry nursery.... Then added a ton of plants and make it into a plant nursery aswell.

View attachment 94471
Fed my 30 gallon and noticed a missing corycat had been ,um , eaten.

View attachment 94472

And am planning on buying some angels for my 30 gallon , maybe not, the store might not be open on mothers day....

LyndaB said:
You'd be surprised at how easily they come through these things. I doubt you'll hit a mini cycle but do check out your filter housing within the next few days to see if you need to rinse sand out of it.

Looks like I have another new batch of shrimplets in my rcs tank. I just adore those little buggers...... definitely one of my favorite species.

I will. But i didnt save any gravel. I just left the media alone since its a canister.
Congrads on the new shrimplets!

I only have turned on the tank lights so will see how today goes

just did 50% water changes on all my 3 tanks and hubby's single tank (what is he thinking, just one tank?) :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom