What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a tangle of Kuhlis :dance: 6 in total. Still no Rasboras so i bought a small Bristlenose pleco. Also bought some frozen bloodworms and algae pellets for bottom feeders. Drip acclimatisation in progress. I'm learning to differentiate my Kuhlis while i can see them all together. Giving names to them.
Strike- has three dots like holes in a bowling ball on 2 brown segments.
Moe- Has a mosaic pattern just behind the head, smallest Kuhli too.
Bod- Has a band of dots on each brown segment so Band Of Dots Bod-->Bob
Cupid- Has a heart shape under his back fin.
Bling- Diamond shapes instead of solid brown bars.
Zeb- No dots, just stripes, so zebra.

No use me taking pics, i use my laptop as a camera since my last house burglery.

Love the Kuhlis!!!

Three of the 5 Neons I bought are dead, they are in QT so I don't feel too bad.

The baby Angels are doing great!!!

My female White Cloud Mountain Minnow died, she was the one I couldn't find the other day, she was probably hiding cause she was sick :(. She is about 2+ years old, maybe 3. They are such pretty fish, but like to eat tiny fry/baby shrimp, so I won't be getting any more of them.

I will be wrapping up cleaning filters and pwc tonight for my trip tomorrow. Have people here to feed and check on them. (But who don't really know about fish)

We do, feed-every-other-day, to make sure not to over feed. I hope all will be well.

Very good deal on that one! Whats the plan with it?

i think i am going to get a dual t5ho and do a medium-high light planted tank. i will transfer my juvenile angel over and 3 corydoras 7 kuhli loaches and 8 rummynose tetras. i plan on getting some more fish to fill it up though ;)

i think i am going to get a dual t5ho and do a medium-high light planted tank. i will transfer my juvenile angel over and 3 corydoras 7 kuhli loaches and 8 rummynose tetras. i plan on getting some more fish to fill it up though ;)

Sound fun!

Turned on all the lights and getting some frozen shrimp ready to feed everyone. I forgot to mention that the 3 new balloon mollies are doing great. Also, noticed the spotted one bullying the other two. :( I might rehome that one.

ForumRunner_20140117_110255.jpg

ForumRunner_20140117_110337.jpg

Not quite sure how to differentiate the two. Lol

Oh boy, I think it's time for "the talk" :)

Feeding and ferts. Topped off the tanks even though i am doing a PWC tomorrow. Added some more dwarf sag and crypts to my shrimp tank and trimmed the Bacopa that was in the center rear down to stubs; hope they grow back.
y9jHNY6.jpg

Only after taking the pic did I realize that the dwarf sag are almost lined up in a row. Oh, well.

Not quite sure how to differentiate the two. Lol

if the anal fin is shaped like a fan, it is female. if it is pointed, then it is a male. my guess is you have two females and one male. for mollies, the suggested ratio is one male to three females, to spread out the aggression from the male. males will taunt females, non stop, so you need more females to spread out the aggression.

Thanks for the tip aquaandrew I purchased the last three. I have to wait for more to arrive. And Fresh2o I know right ;) lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Took out all the gravel tonight. Got some green stuff that I don't think is algae. Doing a 50% wc tomorrow. Also removing and scrubbing the decos. Adding a dark background.

I did a water change on my 29g, and bought my 20L to realize after I had gotten home that it's cracked on the bottom, yay. I also bought a new betta which was gonna go in the 20, but since that isn't possible he's in a breeder net.

Added three new angelfish to my 60 gallon. Two platinums and a koi. All small. Joining a dwindling endler community and a few dwarf africans. Oh, and one medium sized koi angel who was most unhappy to see the new arrivals. LOL

Bought a 20 long and switched the 20 tall over to the long and put the tall in storage. I will post a pic tomorrow.

Oh boy, I think it's time for "the talk" :)

Feeding and ferts. Topped off the tanks even though i am doing a PWC tomorrow. Added some more dwarf sag and crypts to my shrimp tank and trimmed the Bacopa that was in the center rear down to stubs; hope they grow back.
y9jHNY6.jpg

Only after taking the pic did I realize that the dwarf sag are almost lined up in a row. Oh, well.

They throw off so many runners, they won't be lined up for long, lol.

Bought a 20 long to go with a betta, 4 red eye tetras, 3 platies, and either a dwarf pleco or a ram ( if they work ). Bought a 1/2g and a betta. Bought tank nibblers, a snail, a hi fin platy, 3 glofish danios, and 4 mondo grasses for the 10g. Going back tomorrow!!!!!
Planted 10g, still need to get top and heat for 20g. Fish spending night in a 10g temporarily ( which since the red eyes and platies are small we can get away with it for a bit ) what do you think?http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/...E-1708-4D8A-8E81-78B8BEBFAF1C_zpsdu96ozat.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/...6-E561-4090-B130-D333912666AD_zpszxculo9h.jpg

I failed at making a DIY bubble counter today. Turns out that 3/5 of the one way valves i bought in one pack leak from the side and one of the bottle tops with tubing insert now leaks a lot after squeezing bottles to find leaks. Probably been wasting or inhaling half the CO2 i have run for a couple of months. No wonder i start falling asleep when i watch the 20g tank. Always thought that some bottles just didn't produce much compared to others. Seems the valves are the cause.

36g
Did 50% WC, fed flakes, some diced lettuce leaves i grew specifically for the Comets with their waste water.

20g
top up, fed NT's, HR's and Kuhlis on bloodworms for the first time plus some lettuce.

Set up a spare 20g to soak a few bits of driftwood i found. One will be well loved by my Kuhlis. It has a small tunnel network with a few narrow bits. They seem to love wriggling through a tiny opening in a rock formation they mostly dwell in. I'll possibly burn another tunnel into it with a soldering iron tomorrow

Finally have enough plants that no WC waste is tipped on the ground by the end of the week and lots of lettuce ready to harvest. I have basil and oregano plants that are begging for a trim too. Pretty happy with the startup plants i have ready for the aquaponics setup i will build soon. Have about 30 strawberry plants emerged and getting new leaves and a lot of different seeds to get running when i replant what i have in water.

And finally i built a simple play tube i hope to picture my Kuhlis in. Just a suction cap holding some clear tube from their cave sytem and leading up to the middle of the tank. Going to see if they're using it now.

Back
Top Bottom