What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did my water change a day early to free up sometime tomorrow (today actually) for acclimatization of 3 new loaches I'm picking up. Besides spilling water on the floor multiple times (buckets after no fun) the DT pwc was uneventful.

The QT pwc wasn't so... Started out seeming to be the easiest pwc ever. Everything was going smooth and not a drop of water on the flow, but after I drained the tank I smelt something burning. Forgot to unplug the heater and I removed 95% of the water whoops #1. Whoops #2 was putting it into the blood worm culture I have next to the QT and I cracked the glass housing from the temperature change(I'm assuming). Not realizing this I put my hand into the water to feel the temperature. I have been shocked before by 120V and let me tell you this is worse. Whoops #3 (ssuch an eventful tone for a 10 gal) was kicking up a bunch of sand and running the filter at the same time, got a grain of sand stuck in the impeller. Luckily was able to free it and everything(except the heater) is working nice and smoothly.

Moral of the story if something is to good to be true it probably is. Now I get to buy a heater tomorrow instead of just fish and excel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yikes! It is hard to remember everything. Bummer.

Fed fish and barely had time to turn on lights and forgot to turn on 2 tanks when I got home. Due to a schedule change of plans for the day didn't get to pick up my SW and rodi water from the pretty far away lfs.

Very seriously considering going to a male Angel fish only tank but can't figure out what to do with one of the females then I really like her coloring. Decided to check to see if DD has a male or female Angel in her tank. I was unsure.

One of the crabs or the snail knocked over the coral duncan frag of which it is getting 2 new heads I mentioned one before it is where the old frag head was taken off and the 2nd one is in a new spot next to an existing head. Got it back up and put 3 rocks around it this time. Haven't glued it due to not sure about lighting.

Moved a mushroom to see if it will like it in a new spot better. Pwc tomorrow and maybe some pics. Was gone all day and part of the night!

Cleaned out the large canister filter yesterday in the morning. Next canister will be self-priming! That was an hour or so. Filter was actually pretty clean, starting to wonder if the intake needs lifting up as it is getting hidden by plants.

Normal pwc in the arvo plus clean internal filter and re-arrange plants :)
The internal was caked solid with mud from the API laterite I added previous week so good to get that sorted. That was 2 hrs so decided to leave the other canister alone (especially as my filter cleaning is pretty aggressive).

Today tested water. Nitrates was down to 5ppm so adding a bit more ferts tonight. Gh also down a tad but ok.

Ph (grrrr) - ph meter on co2 controller said 7. Dragged out digital ph pen which said 7.2, then 6.8, then 7.0. Hmm... Dragged out ph API test kit, did test, stared at colour chart, decided colours all look the same, gave up... Will try pen again tomorrow night as wondering if ph meter is reading low.

Did a massive clean on Jack Dempsey tank last night. Need to get more accurate because I think I've already lost like a pound of her Tahitian moon sand from sucking it up :D

My crayfish apparently molted last night. Found him this morning like this.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431261880.905005.jpg

Need to run a water test on the Nano SW to see its progress.

Got the client build also finished last night and they are in love with it. Getting a finished picture this morning.

Caleb

Vacuumed the betta tank and successfully helped ^^^^^ finish the client tank

-Weston --Sent Via The Space Time Continuum--

Added a shrimp dish! It stirred up a lot of sand though...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431269271.566188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Stuck my oscar in a 20g for a while.. I haven't had to net him since I bought him as a little tiny 1.5 incher and he's now larger than my net. It made things a little interesting trying to get him out :D

But in any case, I realize I haven't posted a picture of him since I got him so here he is!

61zujCY.jpg

Apparently, he can see his reflection on the side of this tank and has been relentlessly attacking it since he noticed. It's better than sulking I guess.

How big is he now Mebbid? I had to quickly find somewhere to stick a 6" O while setting up a 55g I bought that he had called home when the bucket got knocked over by a friend. He fit inside a little breeder box with about a half inch of wiggle room in each end. Likely the most stressful situation that poor fish ever encountered, but it was better than him becoming Velcro to the carpet and destroying my little 10g "planted" tank with microfish lol

How big is he now Mebbid? I had to quickly find somewhere to stick a 6" O while setting up a 55g I bought that he had called home when the bucket got knocked over by a friend. He fit inside a little breeder box with about a half inch of wiggle room in each end. Likely the most stressful situation that poor fish ever encountered, but it was better than him becoming Velcro to the carpet and destroying my little 10g "planted" tank with microfish lol
Haha hes about 7 inches right now... he makes this 20g look tiny :)

He's pretty! I had no idea you had an Oscar.

Caleb
Yessir. Now that i have time to focus on my tanks i am finally going to give his tank a much needed overhaul.

I went with white silica sand originally because i was going to do a black tiger oscar but ended up with an albino one.

I am gonna switch the white silica sand with black diamond blasting sand. Ima follow that up with a 3d background with a blue sand waterfall.

Yessir. Now that i have time to focus on my tanks i am finally going to give his tank a much needed overhaul.

I went with white silica sand originally because i was going to do a black tiger oscar but ended up with an albino one.

I am gonna switch the white silica sand with black diamond blasting sand. Ima follow that up with a 3d background with a blue sand waterfall.

Awesome! Definitely need pics of that waterfall :) maybe one day I'll take on the Oscar. JD is enough work for me right now with x2 week tank cleaning.

Caleb

Today I cleaned up my 20g tall and did a little plant trimming. Unfortunately I am having some dying leaves on my sword and my spiralis. It's a low tech tanks, but I'd like to keep them living and green them up. Dosed them with some Fluval plant food. Hopefully that will perk them up. If not I am going to order some root tabs.

image-2068228823.jpg

Before and After FTS a hair over 1 month apart of my planted tank

Q6hHv8N.jpg

OusCMJm.jpg

Not as much growth as I would have liked.. but I had some CO2 issues and lost some growth because of it.

Before and After FTS a hair over 1 month apart of my planted tank

Q6hHv8N.jpg

OusCMJm.jpg

Not as much growth as I would have liked.. but I had some CO2 issues and lost some growth because of it.

Beautiful tank Mebbid :)

What is that curly long plant?

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom