What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need timers :)

Instructions are easy with them.. Dump this and this in the tank. Don't touch anything else

Oh I run timers but we switched off electricity except for one set of outlets specifically for my tanks. Unfortunately I failed to realize that my timers were not included in those outlets...

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Added a new fluval 306 to my 20g and added hairgrass to my 55g 20g 10g betta and 10g Kuhli tanks all seem to love the new plant

Keep calm and drum on

Lost one of my goldfish this morning. Jumped out and is lying on the ground. I think I'll take the opportunity to replace him with a koi.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finally got a good picture of the tank I built for the preacher. Before you say something about the window it's not in direct sunlight and if algae occurs there are shades to go over the window just in case.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431881654.444419.jpg

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a good picture of the tank I built for the preacher. Before you say something about the window it's not in direct sunlight and if algae occurs there are shades to go over the window just in case.

View attachment 272402

Caleb

That looks awesome Caleb!!

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Had a good fish stuff day. Didn't have to do any maintenance.

Went to the SW lfs and looked at the Rock Flower Anemones. They still had the 4 they got in a week and a half ago, the colors are pretty plain Green and brown and tan mostly. Got SW and RODI. Some Halimeda Macroalgae for $5. and some Oyster Feast. Fed everybody except the Betta a little.

At another lfs, found a Royal Gramma $16 and a tiny Pistol Shrimp 11. Brought them home.

Reconsidered the locations of the tanks I have now and the possibility of changing the SW to the opposite side of the room and all the FW tanks on the fish wall or aka Wall of Fish. Then the tone of the tanks would be similar.

Removed literally a 4.5+ foot long 2 branchs of the same plant and about 4 1-2 foot parts coming off of one stem, from my
Edge tank. There was one more stem in the tank, but it wasn't that long maybe 3 feet and a few branches.

Made more room in the Bettas tank. He is so beautiful. Glad I moved him nearer to my chair so I get to see him more often.

Learning more about replacing the bottom glass in my broken bottom 12G rimless tank. Feeling some inspiration coming on for a new project tank.

Angel pair #1 is protecting their wigglers now. Their leaf is facing the back of the tank near the center and I can't get a pic without moving the plant and I am afraid they will freak out and eat the babies.

I have been watching my male marble Koi Angel spending a great deal of time looking at the top of the tank. Not seeing what he was looking at. It seems though he is looking at himself in the reflection of the top of the tank water. :rolleyes:

Found more multi fry from a pair that hadn't spawned yet! Now I've got two pairs raising fry simultaneously. How exciting!

Finishing the restoration on my brand new to me 46g. My shark is eagerly waiting to get into his new home! I have to completely reseal it tho. So many leaks but it will be good in the end. Worth it!!!

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

On topic of fish: I separated the bettas. This tank was given to me by a neighbor it's about 2.5 gallons give or take.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431986881.965825.jpg

Off topic of fish: I got a bonsai tree :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431986914.770906.jpg

Caleb

really nice set up - i have a 30 gal planted set up its maturing nicely and im a discus type of guy

Purchased my first koi to replace the suicide goldfish.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1432068461759.jpg
    1432068461759.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom