What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I topped off my 55g and prepared it for 6 peacock cichlid fry I am going to order from poppa ryno

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did a 20% water change in my 60 after water test revealed a .25 ammonia. Also cleaned out filter pads ( shook them out in discard water to preserve the bio). Now it's crystal clear and my community is thriving.
Also put root tabs under about 15 plants. I won't dose liquid feet this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took wife to drs to get injections in back , unpacked my coral order to see whats what , than I started to fill in empty spots . filled in a lot but it still needs more or so I think,
lets stop and wait and see after they open

Made a double purpose trip to the 45 min. away lfs for SW and purified water.

Still convincing myself to sell the 35G SW tank and upgrade the 5G SW to 12G or combine it to the 35G and be done with SW for awhile. Very close to deciding probably in a couple weeks will make the final decision. Heading out of town for a week here in a couple days so getting all the pwc and filter clean outs done tomorrow.

Made a double purpose trip to the 45 min. away lfs for SW and purified water.

Still convincing myself to sell the 35G SW tank and upgrade the 5G SW to 12G or combine it to the 35G and be done with SW for awhile. Very close to deciding probably in a couple weeks will make the final decision. Heading out of town for a week here in a couple days so getting all the pwc and filter clean outs done tomorrow.

Let me help you with SW? Why do you want to exit the hobby?

Let me help you with SW? Why do you want to exit the hobby?

Thank you for your kindness. Due to limited time, and logistical issues, future traveling with no one to baby sit the tank. Getting a FW tank(s) sitter for weeks at a time is a big stretch, have been working out easy to maintain tank combos to deal with the long times away and SW is too much trouble for the helpers. We are in tank downsizing mode right now. Bittersweet.

Thank you for your kindness. Due to limited time, and logistical issues, future traveling with no one to baby sit the tank. Getting a FW tank(s) sitter for weeks at a time is a big stretch, have been working out easy to maintain tank combos to deal with the long times away and SW is too much trouble for the helpers. We are in tank downsizing mode right now. Bittersweet.

Sounds like you need a fish room all your tanks on a constant drip/overflow system to cut out water changes. For freshwater.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thats one of the hardest decisions one has to make . One I just couldn't go through , I was at that end of the road once not a easy choice.
now if I had to choose the fresh water would be gone before my salt but if I had to choose again the cats are not far behind lol , but yes understanding how it's hard to find someone to babysit sw , been there done that ,

Sounds like you need a fish room all your tanks on a constant drip/overflow system to cut out water changes. For freshwater.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have been learning about that and trying to figure out how I could apply it to my situation.

Thats one of the hardest decisions one has to make . One I just couldn't go through , I was at that end of the road once not a easy choice.
now if I had to choose the fresh water would be gone before my salt but if I had to choose again the cats are not far behind lol , but yes understanding how it's hard to find someone to babysit sw , been there done that ,

LOL trying to figure out how to keep my Betta and shrimp in an RV:eek:

I asked one person to get the SW and filtered ro/di water because they would be about 2 miles from a SW lfs and that person couldn't be bothered, and the other was "really busy" so no one would stop. If that happens when I AM here I imagine it would never get done if I wasn't here.

So good reminder EnrgizerBunny about the drip - kinda had that in a plan later after the next year of going here and there for a Discus tank. It would need to be a never fail type thing. My local fish society Guru has a nice overflow tube setup so that the tank would never get too full. It is pressurized on the water and when it gets to a certain level the water pushes out. I am pretty dense on this sort of thing so it takes me awhile to get the concept and function understood.

I think if I rehome 2 Angelfish and my DD takes the Pearl Gourami (from the 72G) I might be able to add my CPD and dwarf Cories to the 72G with one angelfish and a Dwarf Gourami and Cardinals and Green Neons, BN Plecos and some Bronze Cories.

That would free up the 12G Edge for further maneuvering. As my DH thinks, why can't all the fish just go into one tank...:facepalm:

Getting the pwc done...

Just realized/noticed flint has somehow managed to scrape himself on something... Not very impressed >__> fingers crossed that it heals nicely

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Got 4 new bettas! Remi, Eve, Eva and Evey! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435274416.940678.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435274432.767158.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435274448.590528.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435274477.321155.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435274389.366657.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435274389.366657.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 54
I picked some remaining dead plants out of my filter head, and gazed wistfully at the gravel substrate which I'll be replacing next week. Not looking forward to it.

Trying to finish up things for the week long trip. Water changes and setting up foods for the fish. Giving them some defrosted frozen foods from Mysis to BBS and regular brine shrimp, and a squirt of oyster feast to the SW tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom