What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My baby peacocks are finally free swimming and they are eating. There are 6 in all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is very exciting news!

Just fill evap and feed. Didn't get the big filter cleaned yesterday due to something urgent that came up - so tomorrow probably.

Searched my tank for 2 rogue snails. Not sure where they went....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Took my credit card scraper and dispatched the GSA I kept forgetting in the right front bottom corner.

I'm thinking about moving all three baby bettas into a plastic tub until I can set up a tank for them.

I cleaned and setup my brother old 10g turtle tank and put the three bettas in it.

I have been planing a 10g planted for a while now and I want to make sure these plants would be good for a 10g beginner tank: sagittaria subulata, hygophila pinnatifida, dwarf anubias, lemna minor, echinodorus gabrieli, hygophila difformis, hygophila corymbosa, and willow moss.

I have been planing a 10g planted for a while now and I want to make sure these plants would be good for a 10g beginner tank: sagittaria subulata, hygophila pinnatifida, dwarf anubias, lemna minor, echinodorus gabrieli, hygophila difformis, hygophila corymbosa, and willow moss.

Pinnatifida is a great plant. It looks great and mine is growing well under the 24/7. Apparently pet smart is selling it pretty low right now for its normal price.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436564208.525184.jpg

Corymbosa is a nutrient hog, just a warning.

Caleb

Pinnatifida is a great plant. It looks great and mine is growing well under the 24/7. Apparently pet smart is selling it pretty low right now for its normal price.

View attachment 274997

Corymbosa is a nutrient hog, just a warning.

Caleb

Ok, thank you. I will find something else to replace the corymbosa.

My Angels still have some eggs on their Anubias leaf, actually this time she laid them on two leaves next to each other. About 25% look unfertilized, mostly where the leaves curled down. Thinking I might add the wigglers to another tank if they hatch. I really would like to see what kind of babies they would make. Even though it will be a bit of work.

Finalized a deal to pick up a new to me A1 condition Mr. Aqua 11.7G low iron glass tank, next week.

So far haven't heard back regarding the person who was interested in the purchase of my tank of SW stuff, so maybe I will keep it for awhile. Other than having to go pick up SW and RO/DI water - very low maintenance. The little critters aren't too much trouble.

Need to add root caps to my substrate (all tanks) and replant the Giant Vals (in 72G) that popped out. They have a great mass of new roots, one died though the others are looking good; they even popped out a couple of runners!!!

Considering a little rescape of the 72 also.

Last edited:
My java moss is growing every which way except for the way I want it to.

Java moss

Attachments

• 1436565642823.jpg
    1436565642823.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:
Found what looked like 3 baby snails without shells when i pulled a slate from one of my discus pairs tanks today. Im a lil worried as thid isnt anything ive come across before. Not sure what they are. Anyone got any ideas. I posted a thread in invertabrate section and could use your brains...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Two of my cardinals are having a rough time. Pretty sure it's Neon Tetra disease parasite. Their bodies don't look right. One has a small hump near the tail and the other just looks kinda bloated. I don't think it's dropsy.
Anywho. They are in the hospital tank with zero parameters on all three with melafix and primafix just in case. And I raised the thermometer to 86 degrees.
One has lasted a week like this. The other is just put in H tank today. Any other ideas?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436577707.815199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another note. Did 50% WC on the 20g Angel tank. Just one old girl in there with three coreys.
And did a 50% on the 60g 4' tank. And shook off the filter pads in old water.
But, after I added a second C02 system on my tank the plants are loving it. Pic is before and 30 days after the C02. WOW!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436578569.904281.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added a reticulated flying fox to deal with some BBA in my planted tank and my blue gourami was pissed. I had to put him in my time out pitcher where he will remain for at least a day or 2.

The reticulated flying foxes are a sleek neat fish. They aren't terribly colorful but they have an awesome black outline on their scales giving them a checkerboard pattern. They grow to about 6 inches so when I manage to find more they will finish stocking my tank.

Wish I could get a picture of him, but he's too fast and refuses to stop moving.

Back
Top Bottom