What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I added some macro algae (Enteromorpha) to both my display tank and predator tank , wow what a difference
img_3285693_0_53641a50e6a2e00e90915b9cdac523e9.jpg

img_3285693_1_4e724c27d4000d286526759d46c9acc2.jpg

Upon showing some of a members pics to a family member, and then asked to show off my own pics in my albums, I was told that my pics are of horrible qualityand in no way do any of my tanks justice, or any favors, and I need better photo abilities, a new camera or awesome cell phone.

So now completely embarrassed, lol, I will be looking into that! After looking at the pics, overall I had to agree, most of them ARE pretty poor.

I will be finding out what I can find around here to create/make better pics to share.

Also planning in the works for a new scape. Fall Aquarium Society Auction for our state coming up VERY soon - less than a month away. Need to plot my purchases and new aquisitions. :brows:

Have been tempted my a member who is selling a very beautiful and "rare" or at least hard to come across, expensive plant, which I know I can grow and not kill, and am thinking I'd like to have it. Thinking, thinking, thinking... I think I need to work just to buy plants and fish (- already have enough tanks!)

Added 4 cherry shrimp to betta nano tank. Chased them for a night. Woke up and all playing nice nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upgraded my 20g tall to a 26g bowfront over the weekend due to a rather deep scratch in the glass in the 20 that was making me nervous, found out after the fact the the 20's stand had was warping worse than we had thought and looked as if it would have broken in the next few months. Here's a pic of the new 26g the day after setup uploadfromtaptalk1443445196610.jpg. So today is for finishing up cleaning up the old tank and equipment and figuring out what to do with it.

Get rid of the stand and use the tank for a hospital / quarantine tank, bow front looks nice better when it's cleared a bit.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking tanks first thing this morning and found that someone wanted to join the Endlers fry in the breeding net:

img_3287094_0_9cff0f90263e69fa162e04f4cc763499.jpg

Definitely getting rid of the stand, its completely useless with that bad of a warp in the top. As for the tank I might try selling it, maybe someone can put a bit of sealant in the deep scratch and use it or use it for a lizard or something as I have no room to keep it and use it in my apartment.

Checking tanks first thing this morning and found that someone wanted to join the Endlers fry in the breeding net:

img_3287127_0_9cff0f90263e69fa162e04f4cc763499.jpg

What a clown!
Yes, that is a wide mesh. I've had net breeders before and the mesh was more like a (baby) brine shrimp net.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What a clown!
Yes, that is a wide mesh. I've had net breeders before and the mesh was more like a (baby) brine shrimp net.

I definitely wasn't expecting to see that!

Not a good net breeder, even for livebearers. Still waiting on the one that was supposed to be delivered last Friday...

Hi actually not my tank but cleaned the filter done a gravel syphon and water tests and told the chap NOT to clean the filter under the tap,and leave the filter ON 24/7 Oh and not to wash the gravel in the kitchen sink:banghead:
Hopefully he will lose allot less fish now:ermm:
My tanks fed them,:fish1:

Definitely getting rid of the stand, its completely useless with that bad of a warp in the top. As for the tank I might try selling it, maybe someone can put a bit of sealant in the deep scratch and use it or use it for a lizard or something as I have no room to keep it and use it in my apartment.
My apartment won't be ready until next March jj so can't wait to get started again, seems ages since I had fish........

I haven't been on in ages so here's an update on my fish. I have 6 bettas now Seabreeze a male deltatail, Cosmos a male double tail, Midnight a male veiltail, Skylar a female crowntail, Jade a female crowntail, and Bumble a female veiltail. I have 7 peacock cichlid fry; 5 are jacobfribergi x dragon blood hybrids and the other two are full jacobfribergi. I lost my pleco a while ago to parasites. My two baby neons aren't babies anymore and are almost full grown. My 40g is now planted and the fish love it. Finally a few of my male cichlids are coloring up nicely

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seabreeze (top is before and bottom is after

Attachments

• 1443566032028.jpg
    1443566032028.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 81
Male cichlids (jacobfribergi first, and then the two German reds)

Attachments

• 1443566214969.jpg
    1443566214969.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 66
  • 1443566232868.jpg
    1443566232868.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1443566254206.jpg
    1443566254206.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 1443566267601.jpg