What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got up this morning to check temps and fish. Just added new fish and replaced heater yesterday.

Temp holding steady.

All new fish and snail are looking good.

Tank has slight yellow cast due to tannins.
8c10a0772dfd157528fb0c4b558b371f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice tank early xmas present to yourself I'm sure (y)

fixing the electrical/fire damage that my hob overflow caused because the out let nipple broke off and flooded the outlets , the gfi saved it from burning as it popped the circuit I caught it as it happen just couldn't stop the water fast enough , new hob $100. stand repairs $30. outlet repairs and drywall $75.
the small fire was from the small flash when salt water hit outlet as it flowed down the wall,

Wow, that sounds dangerous. Happy you didn't have worse.

Got up this morning to check temps and fish. Just added new fish and replaced heater yesterday.

Temp holding steady.

All new fish and snail are looking good.

Tank has slight yellow cast due to tannins.
8c10a0772dfd157528fb0c4b558b371f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely job on that tank!

~~~~~~

I had more problems with the golden pearls food causing poor water quality. I don't think I use that much food to cause so much problems, it is very small size food so perhaps its just too much food.

Lost one more Turquoise Rainbow, down to one of those left. Still not happy with the wellness of the fish in QT. I might just leave them all there and see how they do.

Found that the tank I left in the yard with a water lily & lettuce froze and broke out the bottom of the tank, dumb mistake.

Last edited:
Today I moved my betta from my 10g to a 25g with harlequin rasboras and moved another betta from a 2.5 to a 10 and I'm building a bridge to connect my 20 and 25 hopefully can have it finished for tomorrow

Keep calm and drum on

Cleaned both sides of the front glass on my 75 and 29 because some family is coming over. They are lookin sharp now!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Had an early finish at work today so while i had the house to myself i decided to clean the canister filter including intake and outlet hoses etc. on my 700L for the first time while doing a 1/3 wc with gravel vac, took a lazy 2 hours from start to finish but im sure i can cut that time down a bit next time. All in all, wasnt as bad as i had expected and the flow is so much better..

I got great news! I hadnt been up to my house that im moving out of in a week thanks to the huge snow storm that hit. I went up last night to check out the damage and when i fed my reef tank i only saw 4 out of 7 fish, i was certain the other 3 had died. But i got called in to work before i could do anything with them.

I went back up to finally pack up my fish and found every single fish nice and healthy! :)

I got my rock and fish pulled and now i begin the trek back to my new home.

I got great news! I hadnt been up to my house that im moving out of in a week thanks to the huge snow storm that hit. I went up last night to check out the damage and when i fed my reef tank i only saw 4 out of 7 fish, i was certain the other 3 had died. But i got called in to work before i could do anything with them.

I went back up to finally pack up my fish and found every single fish nice and healthy! :)

I got my rock and fish pulled and now i begin the trek back to my new home.

Thats awesome news... Enjoy the new digs.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thats awesome news... Enjoy the new digs.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks!

I figured, how hard can it be to move 3 totes of live rock and a cooler of fish all by myself...

uploadfromtaptalk1448665641172.jpg

RIP My back....

I did have to go to the lfs for more salt where I actually saw satan himself merrily directing traffic in every direction away from him. Im sure he made some small children cry in the process.

uploadfromtaptalk1448665736594.jpg

A rough guesstimate would put him about as big around as a decent sized fist...

Got some rcs in the mail today! 5 days of darkness, freezing temps, and 0 DOA! Acclimating them for my 20L this time...ram's won't be getting expensive live food today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, i got everything settled in the reef tank. My corals are pissed but they will survive. Most of my fish are fine, although the bare bottom is freaking out my engineer goby a bit.

My pink spotted goby is probably the most upset about the move. I had to crawl under the tank to find him .

uploadfromtaptalk1448774306285.jpg

Next up is my Mccoskers wrasse... he was playing dead throughout the whole move but found a nice nook under a rock to hide in.

uploadfromtaptalk1448774360231.jpg

Did a PWC and gravel vac on my 150 CA/SA cichlid tank. Rearranged the decorations a bit. Scrubbed the glass of algae.

More work tomorrow. Have to rinse the filter sponges, ceramic rings and check the Purigen and I'm sure other stuff

0fd0c007763aa36fcc2f3520c5c99dc6.jpg

260e0d4d54104b232d8b0e9a5fb9c88b.jpg

c0afcb8b6bae799ec1d72e090ec9d928.jpg

7cf8b57754bab73946af6b3e5951eadb.jpg

Well, i got everything settled in the reef tank. My corals are pissed but they will survive. Most of my fish are fine, although the bare bottom is freaking out my engineer goby a bit.

My pink spotted goby is probably the most upset about the move. I had to crawl under the tank to find him .

View attachment 281326

Next up is my Mccoskers wrasse... he was playing dead throughout the whole move but found a nice nook under a rock to hide in.

View attachment 281327

Hope they are just sulking and get over it like it is a breezy picnic day of warm sunshine and tasty food. (never mind the 3 days of snow)

Make sure to add a link here for the new tank build!

~~~~~~~
Thinking about tank stuff in part...

Bought a big container of Prime. Might do a clean out on the filter tomorrow.

Night before added some Minerals for Cichlids to up the KH. Probably will do a couple tests to see how the tanks are doing since it is a new brand.

Also looked at the lfs big box one and it was pretty bleak. Out of stock on a bunch of stuff and dead fish floating around. I don't need any of that trouble.

Would like to pick up a dozen or 18 Glowlight Tetra (not the glofish) or Cardinals again, maybe Neons.

A bunch of the Tetras, Green Neons and Cardinals have disappeared probably due to Mr. midnight gobbler, Spotted Raphael Catfish, named Spike, who only comes out when he's hungry at night when those guys are sleeping sitting ducks. Didn't start losing them till he came back to the tank.

The 72G isn't a good place for him right now with a school of bite size expensive snack Cardinal Tetras.

That is why he went to a different tank with large upper tank fish. (back to me since DD decided not to keep fish any more)

I have a friend who would take him if I wanted him to.

Since I have had him from a baby of just around 1/2 inch in size (lfs person didn't remember for sure what he was and he had come in with a bag of other fish by error, but saying he would get 2.5-3 inches - now 6+ inches with a probably 2" wide mouth), I kind of wanted him to stay in the family. So haven't decided on what to do with him, again.

The Angelfish pair keep hanging around a specific area and I haven't seen any babies but usually when they do that, they have saved some wigglers I can't see because of all the plants. Working a lot and busy holiday time so haven't had endless minutes to just stare at the tank. I think they would have been swimmers by now, so maybe they are just waiting for the food particles to pop out from behind a floating giant Val leaf. Keep looking over there to see if there are any swimmers but so far not seen any.

Doing 2 - 6.6G and the 12G Edge tanks pwc tonight, plus the extra Betta container.

Need to go to the far away, not so local lfs to get a new supply of SW and RO/DI water. And /or get my RO/DI out of storage and some new filters for it and figure out how to hook it up in the utility closet.

I did a 70% water replacement yesterday. Was postponing this for way too long, finally found the time and did it. The tank really looks better now, the fish seem happy!

Hope they are just sulking and get over it like it is a breezy picnic day of warm sunshine and tasty food. (never mind the 3 days of snow)

Make sure to add a link here for the new tank build!

~~~~~~~
Thinking about tank stuff in part...

Bought a big container of Prime. Might do a clean out on the filter tomorrow.

Night before added some Minerals for Cichlids to up the KH. Probably will do a couple tests to see how the tanks are doing since it is a new brand.

Also looked at the lfs big box one and it was pretty bleak. Out of stock on a bunch of stuff and dead fish floating around. I don't need any of that trouble.

Would like to pick up a dozen or 18 Glowlight Tetra (not the glofish) or Cardinals again, maybe Neons.

A bunch of the Tetras, Green Neons and Cardinals have disappeared probably due to Mr. midnight gobbler, Spotted Raphael Catfish, named Spike, who only comes out when he's hungry at night when those guys are sleeping sitting ducks. Didn't start losing them till he came back to the tank.

The 72G isn't a good place for him right now with a school of bite size expensive snack Cardinal Tetras.

That is why he went to a different tank with large upper tank fish. (back to me since DD decided not to keep fish any more)

I have a friend who would take him if I wanted him to.

Since I have had him from a baby of just around 1/2 inch in size (lfs person didn't remember for sure what he was and he had come in with a bag of other fish by error, but saying he would get 2.5-3 inches - now 6+ inches with a probably 2" wide mouth), I kind of wanted him to stay in the family. So haven't decided on what to do with him, again.

The Angelfish pair keep hanging around a specific area and I haven't seen any babies but usually when they do that, they have saved some wigglers I can't see because of all the plants. Working a lot and busy holiday time so haven't had endless minutes to just stare at the tank. I think they would have been swimmers by now, so maybe they are just waiting for the food particles to pop out from behind a floating giant Val leaf. Keep looking over there to see if there are any swimmers but so far not seen any.

Doing 2 - 6.6G and the 12G Edge tanks pwc tonight, plus the extra Betta container.

Need to go to the far away, not so local lfs to get a new supply of SW and RO/DI water. And /or get my RO/DI out of storage and some new filters for it and figure out how to hook it up in the utility closet.
Hehe yeah, thats typical behavior for those fish.

The wrasse really scared me when i first got it becausenit just layed in the corner of the tank and played dead for a few hours not moving a single muscle.

The wrasse has already been out a little but the goby is still grumpy.

Came home from Thanksgiving break.....5 days with no school. Only left the tanks for 4 of those days. Just had to refill evap water, going to rinse out the prefilter sponge tomorrow. One of the ponds by the vacation house in SC has a lot of ludwigia repens...going to bring some back next time. Also some sort of very bushy growth, thinking star grass or guppy grass, something along those lines. Some terrestrial pennywort, never had any luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom