What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I broke down and bought a fish that has been in the back of my mind for ages, an Undulated trigger.
Went to a store that had them for sale a couple weeks ago and had a nagging thought that I should go check them out even though I missed the sale.
I struck gold!!! Only $15 :dance:
They had two left and one was PERFECT in every way, perfect size, marking and coloration! He is about 2.25" right now.
here he is in the bag;
img_3343202_0_8eee906519f3b3ae0996ca26378f5c55.jpg

and in tank;
img_3343202_1_9cca6bb51ddc464fc6f33351c8a7919a.jpg

img_3343202_2_156e6b7c51fe59c7fbb22e32d4ba2148.jpg

He is currently in a 10 gallon, but will soon be in a 30 and eventually an 80 gallon!:fish1:

What a beautiful fish and a nice Star. That is really an amazing pattern and coloration and I think that's quite a good deal. (y)

Well got a little more room in the house and fish closet. Sorted out a few more things and got a bunch of items to a new home!!! (y)

I'm doing a quick pwc on the TT shrimp tank and refill water to the 12G.

Fed the snails yesterday in the 12G. Still no fish in there, will be deciding to get expensive locally, or nice tank raised stock shipped in (Green Kubotai) with a couple other things to make the shipping worth it (problem is usually the online supplier doesn't have all I want at the same time :/).

Yesterday removed a few Bristleworms from the SW nano. It is running nice and clear and I didn't put anything new in there.

Still need to go pick up about 10 gallons of SW with 5G of RODI and get the tank water changed out over a week. I found my little leather is looking rather sad still and has been for awhile. Thus the change in tanks and locations. Moving him to the brightest spot and thinking just getting the water nice and clean should help too.

Planning for a couple Rock Flower Anemones and a rescape, hoping to find a few macroalgaes too.

Fun day today. :)

I love undulated triggers. They have so much personality and colors are amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

(y) on the personality thing, one reason I'm willing to devote a tank to him alone if needed. It's like having a pitbull puppy in a tank LOL.

He has been watching me a lot closer than I have been watching him so far.:fish1:

I tried to figure what I was going to do with the colony of 200+ cherry shrimp... ? hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Added Fancy Guppies, males, to my tank of endlers and catfish.

First one they are in the bag.

Second one is one of the fish in the tank.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1455485738152.jpg
    1455485738152.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 1455485808335.jpg
    1455485808335.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 68
I finally caught the big guy yesterday! :dance:

I had put the rock he was hiding in into the 75g tank's sump for three days; noticed him wedged between the rock and the baffle, so I raised the rock out of the water and...

Sploosh! He must've decided water is a better medium for him...so he dropped off and into the sump.

After putting the rock back in the 29g, I simply peeled him off the side of the sump.

And this is where the story continued.

(Ignore the part where I'm reaching for a towel behind me...)

Bought a light and anubias this week for my platy tank.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1455508203559.jpg
    1455508203559.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 77
Set up a new tank for it to cycle then got new fish after that I did a water change!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shopped for 2+ gallon size glass jar containers for a possible RV shrimp tank. Have a couple ideas, but not a firm decision yet.

Boesemanis both have damage to their sides, I think from the Angel but not absolutely sure if they just "play" hard or what? I have seen the Angel attack them but then it seems he is peaceful and the next day damage!!! Might need to put the Angel into the spare tank for awhile and see how it goes with any new damage on their sides. New females are coming soon.

Shopped for 2+ gallon size glass jar containers for a possible RV shrimp tank. Have a couple ideas, but not a firm decision yet.

Boesemanis both have damage to their sides, I think from the Angel but not absolutely sure if they just "play" hard or what? I have seen the Angel attack them but then it seems he is peaceful and the next day damage!!! Might need to put the Angel into the spare tank for awhile and see how it goes with any new damage on their sides. New females are coming soon.

Rainbows spar when fighting for a mate or dominance which can cause bodily harm and occasionally death which is rare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Doing a second water change on both tanks to lower nitrates, ei dosing as is, will be too much for my tanks the added potassium nitrate is sky rocketing my nitrates, doing water changes to reset, then will be lowering my macro input to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom