What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a water change today. Dwarf baby tears is doing awesome an hydro sp. Japan is growing like crazy
a5c8e15a085eed3ae17ef6763de5b04b.jpg

526a9e1387aa937f2351b2791df28ab4.jpg
cf01a2470af4e4c837c9cf9049656fb9.jpg

That growth is very nice. Always love the H. Japan. It is flowing over the DW beautifully! Great job.

That growth is very nice. Always love the H. Japan. It is flowing over the DW beautifully! Great job.
Thx autumnsky thats what im trying to do jus constantly trimming to get the plant more compact etc the sp. Japan does grow like crazy

:)

I fed the SW tank last night and saw the arms of my little serpent star, and either it has long arms and it was bent through a rock hole or there are 2 of them as I saw 6 legs.

Also saw the scary looking giant bristleworm, I guess the one I couldnt catch when I moved the rock in there . There were 3 - really big, regular and smaller. Know it isn't bad but I would like to capture and remove the big ones they creep me out tbh. Now afraid its so big it could grab and eat something it shouldn't.

Nice and i hear ya had some in a sw tank at work took them out but they were small tho but those things freak me out lol

Hi all, been a little while since I posted. Have been giving my now empty tanks a blast of salt and then a rest while I let them cycle some more before I get new fish. So I've played with the tank set up..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476268871.812398.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476268911.798444.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476268911.798444.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 65
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476268940.505358.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476268940.505358.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 72
50 % clean on Gonzos tank, hard to believe that it's been 5wks since I set this tank up. Still running both filter's probably give them an extra 3wks to be safe.
Rinsed filter's in boraras tank, all well in there.
Decided to put veg in for the baby tylos in my bettas tank but my betta was the only one interested! Everything growing really well, and added some cholla wood too.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Saw some aggression with the largest young Koi Angel and the big Double Black. I swear, everytime this happens I think, I am done with ever having more than one of these guys.

Then I try a different combination and have the same thing happen. So doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. I forget what they call that - insanity!!!

They were lip locking and chasing. I think I am putting Blackie over into the 46G as a temporary measure. Maybe - still thinking.

Spending a few minutes every day moving around the SW macroalgae Chaeto in the 5G bucket since taking it out of the nano tank. It is 1/4+ of the bucket. Probably gonna sell it at the local CAS auction. Not likely to have a big place for it to go (like a sump) for awhile. Keeping the Ace Hardware Daylight bulb on it 24 hours a day but flipping it like a pancake and it has an air bubbler and moving the light focusing from one side of the other bucket. Dosing a little mineral additive too. It is greening up a little bit, probably needs some iron. Haven't been to the independant lfs for a few weeks, hoping Friday. Also learning more about SW Pipefish just in case I need to get one.

The little yellow Clown Goby has more room to swim and the shrimp and RFA and Cabbage Leather are doing well. So much fun to watch the tentacles of the Dwarf Brittle Star creeping out of the rock crevice. Still happy that I know where to look for it.

Fasting day for the big tank! Sunny gets fed every day because she's pregnant.

Doing my usual morning gazing, I found babies! They are so cute!

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Attachments

• 1476366526574.jpg
    1476366526574.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 55
So aggitated cant get rid of my hair algae an my dwarf baby tears look like there dying i have read somewhere cant recall right now that i should jus clean my tank an start over cause of this algae idk im at a lost

Yea i kno thanks lol jus clean my driftwood took all the hair algae off this the 2nd time i have done that my co2 checker is yellow fish are always fine swimmig around eating etc plants pearling i see the algae has bubbles all over it idk lol

For some reason algae pearling seems bad. :D

And I was suggesting the flag fish for temporary stock. They actually eat hair algae.

Its is bad means the algae is happy an sucking up nutrients lol gonna do a lighting schedule change
Co2 on at 11am
Lights on at 12pm
Lights out at 3pm
Co2 on at 5pm
Lights on at 6pm
Lights out at 9pm
I have staghorn algae

Weekly water change!

Alright, I'm embarrassed to admit this but want to post the video as something of a PSA. Up until today, I had been following Aqueon's directions on how to start the siphon, moving the cup back and forth in the water. There's a better way!

https://youtu.be/mfEBbjKK5xQ

Seriously I felt very silly for how difficult I made things for myself.

I took the two baby trapdoor snails out of the tank. I want to give them the absolute best chance of survival. I'm scouring the internet looking for insights but really at a loss. I do worry about the rams trying to eat them, so maybe I should move them to my smaller tank?

I had read somewhere about using quilting batting after a water change with sand, so I'm trying that. The 10 gallon is always great, but the sand in the 29 gallon feels like it will never settle.

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Vacuum and PWC today. A little stumped about my stems losing the bottom leaves. I know it's due to not enough light. But the light hasn't changed since May? Oh well maybe stems aren't for me. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476477277.180618.jpg

Lowered the water, snails need some space for eggs. They have been at it again...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Vacuum and PWC today. A little stumped about my stems losing the bottom leaves. I know it's due to not enough light. But the light hasn't changed since May? Oh well maybe stems aren't for me. View attachment 289996

Lowered the water, snails need some space for eggs. They have been at it again...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Love the guy on the far left lol.

Back
Top Bottom