What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely used Prime. Right now I'm just glad nobody died! Whatever it was must have made them miserable.

So weird?! Do you use a bucket? Could anything have gotten in the water from the bucket?

I caught my hubbie using one of my buckets to wash the car once and he got a firm scolding. They are labeled so he won't use them but he forgot.

New stand build in progress...
JBao1Fyl.jpg

So weird?! Do you use a bucket? Could anything have gotten in the water from the bucket?

I caught my hubbie using one of my buckets to wash the car once and he got a firm scolding. They are labeled so he won't use them but he forgot.
Oh jeez. Not cool.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, and the second fill seemed to improve things. I'm guessing it was something from the supply or plumbing. Just glad it's done!

New stand build in progress...
JBao1Fyl.jpg

Looks tight and strong!!!

I'm up to 9... Water changes and maint take a good chunk of a sat or sun. Sadly just picked up a 135 last night. Now to figure out what to do with it.

Glutton for punishment

I posted a couple weeks ago about the $300 fish. Marble Motoro.

That is more than just a fish, it is a ROYAL Marble Motoro lol, but wow, very nice creature!!!

~~~
Work day for me. Added back in a power strip which was hiding in the bottom of the tank stand unused to make room for the huge plugs/transformers on the lights. I thought i had bought a sideways plug powerstrip but might have been commandereed for the office by someone in the house. Those are pretty close together too though so not too much more help.

Thank goodness power usage wise for the fact that, despite the spiderweb of plugs for all the tanks, for LED lights use so little power. Their plugs take up 2 spaces but the power is 1/4 or less Watts which were used before them. Otherwise I might have too big of a load there!!!

I will need to make a project of moving the power stips and rerouting the things which go together. Like 1 power strip for one tank function. That wall is the tank wall and has 2 sets of 2 plugs, which I believe are on the same breaker.

The Spec V lights are on now and the pump for the filter and all the other lights for the Macroalgae Vase tank and the 36G And 72G! Just have enough space left in the power strip for a little heater for the Spec!

Here is a pic of another option for the tank. I might trim the giant Java Fern bush, as it should look like a tree, it used to be like a tree.
60074-albums14621-picture70811.jpg

PWC, vacuum, plant [emoji271] some stuff and rearranging...View attachment 292949

Looking nice like usual.

~~~
Did some additional research and pre purchase research for shopping. Anyone have knowledge of a place/breeder to buy high quality reasonably priced PRL or SS or SS+ Shrimp Please PM me, I have a thread for this in Classifieds (see link below)

If I am gonna plunk down some serious $$$ for some tiny little shrimp, I need to feel like I am getting the best quality for the money - awaiting any help. :popcorn: Been looking on ebaby and Aquabid and stalking the internet. It appears the Ellen Wang America distributor isn't really connected any more/ heard doesn't have importer license.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f25/quality-prl-or-ss-crs-353647.html

Have been removing MTS from the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp almost daily, just a few at a time, just feel like there are too many now. I think my Assassin snail must have died.

Might be picking up some new Windelov Java Fern this week.

Thank you everyone![emoji5]
The mystery snails are big. But I keep a single ramshorn in there too for finer algae cleaning. I love the pink ones.

Last edited:
Today I am making a trip to my LFS (Big Al's) to get some a thermometer and some little, real plants for my Betta, Buck. Then, I am going to give him a 25-50% water change since it's almost been a week since the last one. I held off from doing it yesterday since I didn't want to stress him out with the combination of a water change and a +1 hour drive from home to dorm life. I'm really looking forward to my birthday, which is less than a month away, and hopefully upgrading him into a tank bigger than a 1 gallon. Taking care of it is more of a pain than taking care of the larger tanks that I used to own when I was younger.

Back
Top Bottom