What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alyxx said:
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I got some damage over here but all is well with my tanks. Tore out all te damaged Sheetrock already and started to install the new stuff.

I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

I am sorry you're having to go through this.

Alyxx said:

So sorry to hear this, if i could help i definitly would :/

Painted back of 150 a pale pale baby blue. Not sure if anyone else will like it, but I do.

Put the p. delhazi, gourami, and pleco in...they are exploring the new space and seem to like it.
Albino cory isn't thrilled but these are the tank mates he's used to.

29 FW just became a temporary home for 4 small
African brown knifes (knives? :D). And a silvery pictus cat.

I put the rest of my background on my 5 gal tank today. The big day was yesterday! My 5 gal pico reef is finally cycled so I bought 2 nassarius snails, 3 blue leg hermits, and an emerald crab!

I also got some co2 booster for my 55 gal planted community. I've dosed it 3 days in a row and my plants are more vibrant already!

I could stare at these tanks all day every day. I love them! Now I need one for my bedroom!

I'm at lowes right now getting an adapter so I can use my python! Power came back Tuesday afternoon, everyone is fine other than 4 out of 5 marbled crays. I think the remaining one is enjoying the 56 gallon, but I need to get my 5 gallon up again because that little girl has snipped a few fins already...

Cleaned the glass on my roommate's new 155g bowfront in the livingroom, and gave his and my plecos some fresh zuchini. Tried getting some better photos of my mystery cichlid with some success (camera can't seem to take a shot in proper focus). Up next: I need to get off my lazy butt (and the forum lol) and go remove 90-100 lbs. of lace rock from my cichlid tank so I can gravel vac and re-arrange the caves for the arrival of my 4 new electric yellows, joy! :D

DoubleA said:
Cleaned the glass on my roommate's new 155g bowfront in the livingroom, and gave his and my plecos some fresh zuchini. Tried getting some better photos of my mystery cichlid with some success (camera can't seem to take a shot in proper focus). Up next: I need to get off my lazy butt (and the forum lol) and go remove 90-100 lbs. of lace rock from my cichlid tank so I can gravel vac and re-arrange the caves for the arrival of my 4 new electric yellows, joy! :D

155g bow front. I need to see this.

Crappy photo thanks to my phone :D
No fish in it yet, just the Pleco you can faintly make out perched vertically on the rock in the middle of the tank.

1/2 inch thick glass... this thing is freaking heavy! Had to rent a trailer to haul it and had a little trouble getting it into the house... lol!

Right after he saw the 46g bowfront cichlid tank I got for my B-Day... he went and bought this to start a cichlid tank to show me up or something :D Totally not a competition here, geez!

66356-albums10178-picture42473.jpg

Just got my sink adapter set up for my water changer! Bad news, that thing ate up my hand when I was screwing it on. So, I'll do a water change when I'm sure I've stopped bleeding. Ow ow ow ow... I also picked up some frozen bloodworms to restart my frozen food collection. Lost it all in the power outage. I think I'm going to get a little plastic shoebox to organize all of it in the freezer this time around, too.

Edit: I'm doing my first ever python-assisted water change. This is wonderful. Vacuumed up some debris, and now I'm sitting on the couch watching the water drain from my tank. I haven't had a water change this easy since I started a siphon on my water hose and drained the tank out the door, but I had to start that siphon by mouth, which sucked, pun intended. Why, oh why, did I wait this long to get one of these things...

Fed all three tanks today. Also waiting on 2 mickey mouse moons to drop fry. Seems like its taking them forever

I added some activated carbon to my 46g bow front and really dialed in my skimmer. Look forward to getting some Xenia this weekend from my lfs.

I went ahead and changed almost all of the water in both my 56 gal freshwater and my 30 gallon salt tank. After a week of no filtration, I'm sure they needed it! Well, I did a 50% on the fresh tank on Monday, so they were in less need, but I have a water changer now so I figured why not change most of the water. Haven't set my 5 gallon back up yet, though, seeing as the other two changes wiped me out on prime. I shouldn't have ran out so fast but I was adding it into the tanks to neutralize some of the toxins that were building up without filtration. I ordered a 500ml bottle today, though, so by tuesday I should be restocked. I would have bought a bottle at my LFS today earlier when I went in for bloodworms, but 1 I forgot and 2 they charge $8 for the tiny 50ml bottle, and I'm short on cash. Feels good to have my tanks clean and powered again, though, I was starting to panic. Maybe tomorrow I'll borrow some water conditioner from my neighbor to do the 5 gallon. I want that fin nipping crustacean AWAY from my longfin plecos!

I think my emerald green crab molted again, but I'm not sure. This shell wasn't as empty as before.

Added to the 150 FW the ten mystery snails bought from hcourts here on the forum...they are so cute! :D

Small African brown knife 4 pc set doing very well, settled into the 29 FW with their friend they came with, pictus cat, who is a nervous wreck ... :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish1:

clearancepuppy said:
Added to the 150 FW the ten mystery snails bought from hcourts here on the forum...they are so cute! :D

Small African brown knife 4 pc set doing very well, settled into the 29 FW with their friend they came with, pictus cat, who is a nervous wreck ... :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish1:

They're gonna need massive tanks

Back
Top Bottom