What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha, Alan, 2 novels in a row, your post and mine!

I was told Ich will not use snails as a host.

Congrats on the shrimp doing well, they will like to coordinate their color with their surroundings.

Maybe you and another hobbyist can commit to host every other month and it will be a light hearted meet up to talk and swap stories, pics, fish and plants. Like at a park or community center room.

Let's see a pic of the tank with the DHG carpet!!!

I enjoy your novels Autumnsky. It makes me feel like i'm not the only one looking for spare spaces to put in another tank. I almost emptied a sock drawer last week to house another nano tank. I'm a little envious that you are getting you buce to flower. I had hoped that my anubias varieties might eventually flower but no such luck.

I need to find an image hosting site that doesn't make me pay after an initial free period. I'm stingy like that because i prefer my money to be used on useful things like :fish2::fish1:

The community tank with the DHG carpeting is the one with white spot. It usually runs a sump filter which isn't being used right now as it's too hard to keep the high temperatures stable so the water level is lower than i'd like but I'll take some pics and search for an image host. The tank is my attempt at a dutch planted and the carpet space isn't that huge but for once it's actually carpet like rather than odd clumps of sparse vegetation in their death throes. I'm running pretty high light for a tank this tall. The plants are suffering at the moment though since i've stopped ferts and excel with the meds being used. I was actually going to cut back ferts after reading a thread by Caliban that highlights that overuse of trace elements may inhibit nutrient uptake. The ick meds have actually gone part of the way to removing some algae from my suffering anubias which was a slight bonus but a few plants are stagnating. From memory i was also going to create a thread detailing my shrimp experiment that i think you asked me to create.

Alan - Try imgur for an image hosting site. Free, just create an account. If you are on the mobile, there are a few apps to handle uploads and links. Other than creating the account, I really don't use it on a PC.
Yes, I started reducing the micro dosage as well. I'm seeing less algae which may mean the plants are doing better.

Alan - Try imgur for an image hosting site. Free, just create an account. If you are on the mobile, there are a few apps to handle uploads and links. Other than creating the account, I really don't use it on a PC.
Yes, I started reducing the micro dosage as well. I'm seeing less algae which may mean the plants are doing better.

Thanks Fresh. I'll give Imgur a go. I was just looking at using a google account. I actually have an old gmail account if i can remember the details. It was last used two PC's ago so the login details aren't coming to mind. I guess it's time to dust off the old camera.

Bam! QT is now a tank!
(That's how my nursery kicked off)

I am imagining lots of QT are now tanks, :eek: Mine is half QT, half stocked... :nono:

I enjoy your novels Autumnsky. It makes me feel like i'm not the only one looking for spare spaces to put in another tank. I almost emptied a sock drawer last week to house another nano tank. I'm a little envious that you are getting you buce to flower. I had hoped that my anubias varieties might eventually flower but no such luck.

I need to find an image hosting site that doesn't make me pay after an initial free period. I'm stingy like that because i prefer my money to be used on useful things like :fish2::fish1:

The community tank with the DHG carpeting is the one with white spot. It usually runs a sump filter which isn't being used right now as it's too hard to keep the high temperatures stable so the water level is lower than i'd like but I'll take some pics and search for an image host. The tank is my attempt at a dutch planted and the carpet space isn't that huge but for once it's actually carpet like rather than odd clumps of sparse vegetation in their death throes. I'm running pretty high light for a tank this tall. The plants are suffering at the moment though since i've stopped ferts and excel with the meds being used. I was actually going to cut back ferts after reading a thread by Caliban that highlights that overuse of trace elements may inhibit nutrient uptake. The ick meds have actually gone part of the way to removing some algae from my suffering anubias which was a slight bonus but a few plants are stagnating. From memory i was also going to create a thread detailing my shrimp experiment that i think you asked me to create.

Yes on the shrimp thread! And pic, even though it isn't perfect.

Good info Fresh2O, thanks for sharing that jewel nugget of information!

Alan, feed the plants something!!! Anubias I had a flower when I first got it and one more bloomed not long after that, but I think it was due to the previous keepers lighting, much stronger than mine and possibly CO2 since it was a huge stalk of it.

Here you go the glass needs a wipe on the outside and my DHG needs vacuuming. Ill get pics of some of my other tanks over the next few days now that i can post them here.

d0NOlOv.jpg

Alan and autmnsky....yall got it going on lol. Im tired just reading it. So...bored thinking hard about tearing my tank down going back to sw.

Here you go the glass needs a wipe on the outside and my DHG needs vacuuming. Ill get pics of some of my other tanks over the next few days now that i can post them here.

d0NOlOv.jpg

Alan - The Aquatic HOA is requesting that you trim that lawn and fill the tank to the lower edge of the rim. :)
I've never attempted any type of grass carpet; it's on the bucket list.

d0NOlOv.jpg

That is a great carpet!!!

Alan and autmnsky....yall got it going on lol. Im tired just reading it. So...bored thinking hard about tearing my tank down going back to sw.

Just ADD a little nano SW. I have sooo many interesting tiny things in mine!!!

Your FW tank is too beautiful!!!

Alan - The Aquatic HOA is requesting that you trim that lawn and fill the tank to the lower edge of the rim. :)
I've never attempted any type of grass carpet; it's on the bucket list.

ROFL!!! only can laugh if you have had an HOA (and now don't)!!!

I might be going to try a dhg carpet or similar. My bucket list with my new Seriyu stones too coincidently, I am trying to get the stuff together to enter our club nano aquascape contest either next week or month I have to check, lol! If it is next week I really better hurry! :eek:

No Champ, NOOOOOOOO!!!!! ;)

Just get a new little low iron glass rimless for for a nano!

~~~
Ah, last night finally the clay cave is getting some action for the intended occupants

60074-albums11380-picture71004.jpg

I couldn't see with out a flashlight inside and didn't want to completely disturb it if it wasn't done with the eggs. Today I will peek in with a flash light!

Last edited:
View attachment 296435

4 guppies with glow fish

Lovely fish, all.

Finally set up the Mr aqua 17.1 View attachment 296439

Wow that looks very nice, I guess we are having a Seiryu Stone AA convention. Fresh and myself so far are in the Seiryu club, now you too!

Here is a place to see post and show them off.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/seiryu-stone-showoff-thread-356174.html#post3423544

Did it hurt?

(Maybe, maybe not get a response to that, that post was 5 years ago, this thread has been a busy one for a long time. Dates are hard to see if you are on the phone app.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom