What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
40% WC because I went out and bought some lilaeopsis for the front middle of my tank. Adjusted the CO2, finally getting the drop checker to go green. Roughly 3bubbles per sec @40psi. Enjoying this aquascape thing. Also bought flourish and did first dose. 6ml. I put it into the sump in the refugium. I can't see why that wouldn't work. Figure it would be well mixed before it hit the main tank.

Got the mess out of the pond shell. The old pond has a crack so we are going with the smaller one I need to check up on how large at least 100G.

Potted some Vals, Dwarf Vals or Sag, and Anacharis/Elodea. Spilled the fluffy potting soil in the pond it's still floating hours later. Ugh! Changed the rest of the pots to the heavier soil and silty "soil" Never really tried planting those. Pulled off some green algae. Weather is supposed to be nice in day time. Will need to load in a heater and go find the pond pump to get some good air and circulation. It is in the shade of the deck and behind the stairs of the deck. It is closest to the electrical.

I am still looking at steel ponds and the rubbermaid type as well. Would like it to be around 300 gallons. I have a bunch of expenses with all the projects, bo new pond might need to wait till I stumble on a $25. deal.

1st preformed pond was like new and free this one was $10-20 can't recall at the moment and came with a big basketball sized lava rock with a hole drilled through with tubing for the water to flow out of. Still thinking about what to do with that after 5 years. Somebody sat on the edge of the 1st preformed pond and cracked the inner edge which I was able to patch with JB Weld Marine!!!

Most happy thing is the Cycling 12G SW nano, Nitrites were 0. Woot!!! So I added a bunch of fish food and I will test again in a few days and see where we are at. I don't have time atm, work schedule is busy, to move stuff & rescape anyway. Maybe this next weekend.

Really need to figure out the Male and Female Angelfish and get them in Male only and Female only tanks!

Did some preshopping / scouting for some new Discus.

Now that the pond is set up after I get the heat in there I can move the Platy over into it and free up a bunch of needed space. Then move out the floating DW fromt he 2 tanks, then clean and move the 46G to the back room, move a few more fish in there and in another 2 weeks I will be able to shut down at least 3 tanks. Yipee!

Last night fed all the fish freeze dried Tubifex. Yipee, happy fish.

Found out I am allergic to Tubifex, not good, hard night.

That makes Blood Worms and now Tubifex.

Be careful and do not breathe the dust, wipe or scratch eyes, nose or mouth.

Symptoms include for many before they realize they are allergic is stuffy and or runny nose, sneezing, swelling in eyes, itching hives. Or worse. Be careful, wash hands, use gloves, etc. if you have symptoms. Or perhaps do not use.

I had no idea humans could be allergic to worms! Thanks for the info.

Yes, that is possible and sometimes the reactions can be severe. Same thing happened to me once; eyes shut...looked like Rocky during the first fight with Apollo Creed. Just before he yelled at Micky "Cut me!"
We had a user here with a severe mollusk allergy. Could NOT have snails in her tank.
Did nothing with the tanks except aside from feeding.

Wow. Life without snails, so sad.

I dosed my tank tonight to kill off those little mutha frickin planaria.

Hurting my shrimp and snails. They need to go!

So many surprises lately, today, is that last night I saw the Angelfish in the 46G on super alert and in between leaves of a monster Crypt I had bought at the auction, I could see something orange. Well as I walk by the tank tonight I see a TINY little thing look like it is swimming and why yes it was.

Not only eggs, but wigglers and swimmers. With the stress of feeding and all the Platy and the few other fish trying to eat I am afraid the little ones will be eaten by the parents from fear, if not the others. I am not sure I can add the Platy to the pond yet and trying to catch the would have the Angels in a fit anyway.

The parents are grabbing the little ones and putting them back where they want them. I am afraid it is a no win situation though. So next time if I will want them to have swimmers, it won't happen. lol :( Wow can Angelfish swim really fast if they are protecting the babies.

Wow. Life without snails, so sad.

I dosed my tank tonight to kill off those little mutha frickin planaria.

Hurting my shrimp and snails. They need to go!
Get em tmaier I think I have some hitchhikers as well think some are ramshorns I think lol

Lights this morning and all the shrimp and snails I can spot are busy as usual. I don't see any planaria but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I will skip feeding tonight and feed tomorrow. I have spotted then about 30min to an hour after feeding usually.

also a heads up. Planaria, flatworms, deitrus, copepods, etc are all signs of overfeeding or excess food. I'd lower the feeding.
also I have a question not related to anything but I cant find an answer:
Does this forum do Photo the month anymore or nah, last one I saw on there was for February..

Cleaned goldfish tank

Monsters tried to eat me, thus solidifying my belief that goldfish are little more than swimming stomachs

Going to do the Betta now....at least he only pecks of a hand is held above the water, and it's because he's looking for pellets

also a heads up. Planaria, flatworms, deitrus, copepods, etc are all signs of overfeeding or excess food. I'd lower the feeding.
also I have a question not related to anything but I cant find an answer:
Does this forum do Photo the month anymore or nah, last one I saw on there was for February..

There is a TOTM contest somewhere.

I bought a Fluval Spec III on ebay that came without the pump. I'm returning it, and... The thing is that I like it. So I bought my own Spec. I moved stuff over.

Water changes a day early on the other two tanks because we're going to my parents' house tomorrow. We're also taking Nudger to our friend.

I bought a Fluval Spec III on ebay that came without the pump. I'm returning it, and... The thing is that I like it. So I bought my own Spec. I moved stuff over.

Water changes a day early on the other two tanks because we're going to my parents' house tomorrow. We're also taking Nudger to our friend.

What is the tank count now?

Spotted one planaria and treated a second time.

What is the tank count now?

Spotted one planaria and treated a second time.
29 gallon community, 20 long puffers, 10 gallon quarantine (not set up), Fluval Spec III for the ramshorns, and the Fluval Spec III that I am returning.

I've seen planaria in our tanks on two occasions -- the first I removed all of the substrate immediately, and the second was in the puffer tank while no one was in it so I didn't worry about it. I don't know where they went, but they haven't been back.

Bert and I were talking about the plants being the focal point not the fish lol. I felt little bad....So i give some love lol

1f836718425268f6d830b56ac779e009.jpg
c123a7663f103db0a83b2d27280a7132.jpg
21d880f33d1bf0b03b3ff56decbdf190.jpg

Back
Top Bottom