What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clearancepuppy said:
Ouch. I am sorry that happened. You just never know. :banghead:

Started a batch of brine shrimp.

Got the Aqua Planner app for iPhone, entered info from notebook. Very interesting how it graphs water test info.

Yea well we knew it was a risk. She still wants to try a few tiger barbs too....

I looooove aqua planner. I swear by it. And I'm ashamed to say I'm overdue with some things!

How easy is brine shrimp to do?

DragonFish71 said:
Counted 3 batches of bolivian ram eggs, 1 batch of GBR eggs, 1 batch of albino BN pleco eggs, 1 batch of angelfish eggs and 1 batch of firemouth eggs.

I'm going to be a grandma to the Nth power if they all hatch.
OMG that's gonna be a lot of fry!

I bought an aquaclear 30 gallon filter for my 5 gallon becuase it was the smallest aquaclear filter at the store I went to, and after setting it up was promptly surprised to find it was aerating more with less turbulence than a pump designed for my 5 gallon. Aquaclear for me here on out.

Today my fish order from severum mama came:D. In the order was 8 Emperor Tetras, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 BN pleco, several java ferns, a large portion of java moss, and a bit of narrow leaf anarchis. My tank is looking much better with the addition of plants. I then for the first time dosed some Seachem Flourish Excel.

However, one of my new Rams had a really dark coloration and wasn't eating:(. So, I did a 50% water change which basically negated that first dose of liquid ferts:facepalm:. The ram seems to be a bit better, but I think it will take a few more days and water changes to get him to 100%. I am not going to dose any more flourish until he is better.

bud29 said:
Today my fish order from severum mama came:D. In the order was 8 Emperor Tetras, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 BN pleco, several java ferns, a large portion of java moss, and a bit of narrow leaf anarchis. My tank is looking much better with the addition of plants. I then for the first time dosed some Seachem Flourish Excel.

However, one of my new Rams had a really dark coloration and wasn't eating:(. So, I did a 50% water change which basically negated that first dose of liquid ferts:facepalm:. The ram seems to be a bit better, but I think it will take a few more days and water changes to get him to 100%. I am not going to dose any more flourish until he is better.

Cool, my order from them came today too :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Bought a Green bubble tipped nem for 30 bucks

And it's gorgeous! Got my candy cane and zoas and yellow clown goby for $16! I'm going to do a 1.5 gallon pwc tonight or tomorrow. Water level is low from all the acclimating!

Today I bought a variety pack of blood worms, veggies, and shrimp @ LFS, then went to local nursery and purchased (3) 4" terra cotta pots & (1) 6" pot. I soaked the pots for at-least 2 or more hours then used a clean soft bristle brush to make sure I got as much impurities out/off before placing into tank. Once i placed them, my Tiger Barbs and yes my Electric Yellow Lab (have a 40g in process of becoming a African Cichlid tank all rushed to check their new furniture out..:)...definitely was approved by them....my Gouramis seem to not care about it much--to busy messing around with each other.....Red-tail shark seem to not notice although I am pretty sure he did....Oh btw, yesterday I converted from years of gravel to first time sand substrate...so far I really love the natural look....

I cleaned it right up, I reorganized the Decor to be a little bit nicer and improve visibility, since my new filter covers the entire hole in the back of the shroud I raised the water level back up... and I did some water tests.

Here's where it's at now. :)

LeChuck, 1080p Take 1 - YouTube

75% pwc on the community tank, Its been 2 weeks and is filling at this very moment. Gonna try and change as much water out of the oscar and albino acf's tank here in a minute. Also debateing on doing a pwc on the fry tank as its needs because of the nitrates but kinda scared to

The skull is going bye bye, going to lunch now, when I get bvack I'm aquascaping a fluval spec. :)

Once it cycles, the betta and my 6 new ghost shirmp are transporting over to it. :D

not-pro said:
The skull is going bye bye, going to lunch now, when I get bvack I'm aquascaping a fluval spec. :)

Once it cycles, the betta and my 6 new ghost shirmp are transporting over to it. :D

Aww, I liked the skull. He's a very pretty betta, though.

I'm doing a water change on my 56 gallon now. I love having a python.... Can drain the tank and watch tv at the same time once I get any debris vacuumed off the top of the sand. I'm changing about 70% of the water, as I'd rather do a large change if I'm going to have to add prime for the volume of the whole tank. Might as well, and it keeps my nitrates near nonexistent and my fish growing happy and healthy. I'm going to nuke some cucumber for them once I'm done, and then I can move on to the puffer tank.

It's staying in that 5 gallon, I got another 5 galllon in the fluval spec. I LOVE this tank's look

Gonna put my son to sleep then do water changes on the 75g,29g and the 8g all the while I'll be enjoying some Free Bird,AC/DC,a little new rock, and probably some green day... Oh and a few Octoberfest beers ;)

Got a 1/2" albino cory free with 10 gal glass cover purchase. Moved snails into 29 FW (no plants planned) with bichir, as they thought there was an all you can eat salad bar when I put plants in.

Moved driftwood and rocks in 150 FW.

Water changes tomorrow for everyone.

And now Seth McFarland is on SNL woot!!!

Had to do a 15 gallon water change on mom's 55 tonite. Trying to clear up some cloudy water. We think its the freeze dried brine shrimp that she feeds in the tank. Gonna put them on flakes and get her frozen brine shrimp. The two silver dollars have spots on them so they are now in QT.

Got a sand sifting starfish for my 75 today. This is the coolest addition so far watching him move around then bury himself :)

Bought a 55g on sale yesterday 50% off so i couldnt resist..did a pwc on my 10g w/ my betta ...researchin where i ant my tank how i want it decorted n what i want n it ...oh n gotta add new gravel to my 10g let my hubby n neice pick the color so i have glow in the dark gravel..hope my poor fish doesnt mind..lol

Back
Top Bottom