What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today did not see any swimming fish in the pond just a couple dead ones, maybe they were really hiding I didn't move any of the wood or pots. I add a huge big bag of carbon next to the bubbler.

Really am disgusted and disappointed about the pond. I am thinking of ordering the Poly Filter and see what color the water turns the filter pad to help me understand what it is.

Will flush it out tomorrow if I don't see any fish swimming and try once again with the carbon in there.

Ordered a new API Master test kit and it should have been delivered today but haven't checked the mailbox, too tired. Curious if it will test my water any differently than the old one. The new one is supposed to have a 2022 exp. date!!! Checked that before I bought it :). Still need a new GH/KH. I have one that I never even opened but it expires in November. NEVER thought that would happen!

The Angels, in their new private 29G home moved the eggs to a new leaf as there were about 10 white eggs.

So far they are doing a good job.

Just looked over and noticed, I think there are wigglers as the parents are grabbing things in the water and spitting them back onto the leaf.

Last edited:
We moved Donald Trump to the tank where we keep the comets.

Donald is a bright orange platy, the biggest in his tank, and he's been harrassing all the other fish, including the three month old platys that we've just introduced in there. Nipping fins, trying to have his way with everything that moves.

Now he's in the big tank, on his own with four comets that we're keeping till we can get a pond for them. They're four times his size. He started off really aggressive, but this morning he was keeping well away from them, regarding the world with a baleful eye.

Water tests on 3 tanks today and PWC. All 7.4-7.8 PH. 160-185 TDS. Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 40. GH 7-8. KH 4-5. 0 Copper.

Main Tank and Biube in my office.

IMG_9420.jpg

Biube is puff ready. They are out until Tuesday.

IMG_9422.jpgIMG_9423.jpg

Nursery is still seeing shrimp casualties. [emoji24]
But baby snails are cruising. Will wait a few months and try Shrimp again. IMG_9428.jpgIMG_9431.jpg

We moved Donald Trump to the tank where we keep the comets.

Donald is a bright orange platy, the biggest in his tank, and he's been harrassing all the other fish, including the three month old platys that we've just introduced in there. Nipping fins, trying to have his way with everything that moves.

Now he's in the big tank, on his own with four comets that we're keeping till we can get a pond for them. They're four times his size. He started off really aggressive, but this morning he was keeping well away from them, regarding the world with a baleful eye.

Glad to hear the big guy is learning some manners, lol!

I had a naughty fish a Pearl Gourami and he was an aggressor. After he got homed to a semi aggressive tank he was a perfect sweatheart!

Did salinity tests for the 12G SW nano and the 6.6G nano, and the macroalgae 6.6 holding tank, made adjustments and refilled with the approprate amount of FW.

Then I tested the SW and it must have had the lid off and had evaporation because the salinity was way high off the meter so I adjusted it back into the proper range for sea creatures. That would explain why I kept having issues lately with high levels even when adding back in what the evap was in FW for normal range but didn't seem to come out right.

Filled for evap. on the rest of the tanks.

Angel eggs are just wiggling have been taking periodic pics to document!!! Just in case they survive!

I thought I lost 2 fish this morning. I couldn't find them any where. Once I lifted the lid to feed them out they came. O.J. is a bright orange Guppy he is also the largest one and Jumbo is the largest Neon Tetra I have ever seen. Did my partial water change.
My new water heater will be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to adding more plants & fish.

Crazy snail lady alert!

This pond snail is so pretty.
IMG_9436.jpgIMG_9440.jpgIMG_9441.jpgIMG_9445.jpg

Ok I guess it's a bladder snail. IMG_9446.jpg

Last edited:
Today I joined the High Light/High Tech crowd.
View attachment 299777
View attachment 299778
View attachment 299779

Ran my new CO2Art system for the first time [emoji1360]

Beautiful and really exciting. I am looking into this, as I have been observing from the fringe of the cult for years now, :lol:!

Beautiful pond snail Tmaier!

~~~
Interesting that last spring I got some cool pond snails from our ditch that were ebony with a single tan stripe around them and had them in my bucket under the tree. But later in the season there were only ebony colored ones. Which had to have come from the others. In the ditch there were appx. equal numbers of stripe and black. I took about 6-10 don't really remember but did not take all of them so they would keep up the stripe colony. Still wondering what happened. Not a single striped one was in the bucket. :confused:

Anyhow that is my most recently memorable crazy snail lady story.

Aquatic nerd alert:

Okay so last night I tried to go to bed early. As I was feeding the fish before bed time I noticed some things moving around in my SW nano tank. So I got out my phone because these are basically tiny things I can no longer see sharply.

There was SUCH a HUGE amount of near microscopic activity I pulled up the stool and watched all manner of tiny things and some large ones too.

Pods of all kinds shapes and sizes. Ones that looked like larval shrimp, and larval crabs, dots, :bb: these guys, wierd worms, tiny spaghetti worm like microscopic things. Odd things moving in the sand granules. The tiny feather dusters so many little Bristle stars.

The Zombie snails shimmying into the sand to dissappear after eating.

I do not think I can tear the tank apart and move it all, because it will destroy so much fascinating life forms.

I mean it is truely amazing.:popcorn: Wow!

There were a couple pics which were okay but it was hard to get anything with an older cell phone camera in an algae on the glass situation :).

All the pics loaded sideways but don't have time to change it right now
Garnet sand granules and a sea shell with the spider/crab looking pod beside it
60074-albums14597-picture71169.jpg

60074-albums14597-picture71170.jpg

Pom pom crab and reflection out grabbing particles in the tank - sideways pic too sorry

60074-albums14597-picture71171.jpg

Changed about 30 gallons of water ibn the pond and actually found at least 3 fish alive. Remove a few of the dead ones.

Most all the Angelfish babies are now full on wiggling.

Wow I just looked at my 12G sw cycled nano with no fish yet and saw the water level down 3 inches, yesterday it was up higher at least 2.5inched because it was refilled for evap and tested for salinity!!!

Found the filter pad was full and blocking water flow and it was dripping down the back cord. I am presently wondering where 2 gallons of water went since yesterday, no puddle on the floor in front of the stand.

Refilling now that it is rinsed and the filter flow turned down some/not leaking in a drip, drip, drip fashion out the back.

Also checking on some fancy Goldies that need a home :brows:

I abandoned my hubbie in line when I spotted it at OSH. The lady at the register asked me to go grab the other one for her. Then I showed her pics of my snails. Such a proud snail mama.

Back
Top Bottom