What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had been cleaning my tank off all the hard water stains all day. The fish are in a bucket now. I had 3 golden mystery snails in it. I went to take a look at the bucket and found that one of the snail was lying outside the bucket. :(

I did a 'sniff test' and surprisingly, it didn't smell. I just put it back into the bucket. But the trapdoor is inside the shell, looks kind of retracted. I don't know how long it was out. Is there any chance that the snail might survive?

Surprisingly some can shut their trap door and they can stay moist for sometimes days.

Oh I still didn't get any pics of the little angel babies. For some reason I get mainly not a good focus on the camera on the phone. Maybe it's the color of the back and sides of the tank, a light green tone and not good at all for pics.

After a very large pwc and a good dose of more food, the baby Angels are really actively swimming all around the tank. They got beef heart yesterday and really seemed to like it.

Surprisingly some can shut their trap door and they can stay moist for sometimes days.
After I put it in, I noticed it moved around soon. Yay..! :)
But soon it came out again(naughty dude) and was soon put back in. The snail doesn't seem to be affected. It is active and always moving around the bucket. Can't wait to have the fish back in the aquarium.

After I put it in, I noticed it moved around soon. Yay..! :)
But soon it came out again(naughty dude) and was soon put back in. The snail doesn't seem to be affected. It is active and always moving around the bucket. Can't wait to have the fish back in the aquarium.

Anytime the snails head up in a mass fashion, or head out of the tank, always check the water parameters of the tank! Often there is something wrong. Maybe even do a pwc just to make sure it is all well. It obviously doesn't like something.

Hi. I did pwc after testing.

I noticed two surprise blue platy babies.

I'm wondering if my first platy, a red wag, is pregnant. I got her at the end of May. She's so much bigger than the others.

I brushed off the leaves of the new plants and adjusted them into the substrate as needed.

Dumped the build up out of the bottom of my AC 70 & swished everything in a bucket of tank water to remove any loose debris. Still haven't done a hard clean of the filter since I am hesitant to do so since I just can't stand the thought of loosing much bacteria.

Also trimmed the 29 gallon along with planting some Temple Compacta in the place of a bit of the Mudwort. I then planted all the Mudwort and leftover Temple Compacta in my 10 gallon.

I dosed ferts in both tanks after doing a quick water test. The 29 gallon is really eating nitrates.

FTS of the 10 gallon

e2e4e6b53a7e03d6045a89dded85efbc.jpg

Anytime the snails head up in a mass fashion, or head out of the tank, always check the water parameters of the tank! Often there is something wrong. Maybe even do a pwc just to make sure it is all well. It obviously doesn't like something.

Their tank is under maintenance and right now they are in a tub. Surely they won't like the small tub compared to their 50 gallon home.

I got an air pump and bubbler for my goldfish tank. I'd love to get something more decorative but this will do for now. Not 100% sure on the placement but I'm hoping it will get some better exchange and circulation going.

:)

Attachments

• DSC_0973.jpg
    DSC_0973.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0977.jpg
    DSC_0977.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 51
I got an air pump and bubbler for my goldfish tank. I'd love to get something more decorative but this will do for now. Not 100% sure on the placement but I'm hoping it will get some better exchange and circulation going.

:)
What a pretty moor!

I had one of those neoprene tubes. I liked it a lot.

Did my weekly 50% water change in my 29. Took care of some algae that I saw on some plants, vacuumed the waste off the sand, tested the water before the test, and agitated the sand a little bit to hopefully help it not get packed. Tomorrow is going to be my 10 gallon day

View attachment 302139
The topple popple got a new fish.

So cute. Less chance of water parameter problems - nice choice!

`````````````````````````````````

Angelfish babies are still looking pretty good. I keep noticing tiny ones appearing, pehaps they have just been hiding in the leaves. They look like they are a week younger than the average ones. There are maybe 5 of the little bit larger ones. One tonight I think I saw a real point to the top of him! Got a couple pics of a few but don't have time to get them sorted or loaded tonight. Very difficult still.

Fed the fish and dosed all the plants with ferts.

Still trying to decide what to do with the Endler momma. And then had already decided to add the 3 Endler fry to the Koi Angel tank but tonight after work found about 4 Angel fry had wiggled into the breeder net. may just need a bit of adjustment to make the interior edge higher!

I was cleaning a filter tonight and by chance looked behind the tank: one rather dusty neon on the floor that must've decided life wasn't worth living. That's the second suicide in that same spot: I may have to get a covering there.

Meanwhile, my juvenile platy grow-out tank suddenly became more populated: I spotted a tiny fry hiding in the plants -- he could only have been born in the last day or so.

I feel like I'm running a home for wayward platys here...

Hey speaking about angel babies I have a pair of angels that keep laying eggs but the they eat it after like a week or so. Why?

Hey speaking about angel babies I have a pair of angels that keep laying eggs but the they eat it after like a week or so. Why?

My recently paired couple back at the begnning of the year, kept having eggs and they would hatch and grow a little and then the fish would gobble them up and it just took some time for them to be more confident as parents and not as scared of me and the water changing hose.

Are they all by themselves or with other fish?

~~~~~~~~
Feeding and checked on them.

PWC today on my main tank and the Biube. IMG_1360.jpg

I'gor is doing well but the algae in here bugs me. No snail is safe. Reducing lightning by 2 hours and 1ml excel to see if we can reduce it. IMG_1361.jpg

Snail doing an excellent job. IMG_1367.jpg

Cleared up really fast. IMG_1366.jpgIMG_1372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom