What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm kinda thinking ramshorn as well. Found another larger one today. I just have no idea where they would've come from unless i missed eggs from some plants i got.

Any Dwarf water lettuce in there? Maybe from them..... :oops: Sorry, but they are usually good in my tanks.

The vase I mentioned is the big exception, never seen that before (there were lots of plants in it with a few that were decaying, superfood perhaps). Also it is one of the biggest RH I have seen. Like Godzilla, came from the auction dark grey black. Not the one like the attractive bronz-y reddish one you have Lokilow. ;)

Any Dwarf water lettuce in there? Maybe from them..... :oops: Sorry, but they are usually good in my tanks.

The vase I mentioned is the big exception, never seen that before (there were lots of plants in it with a few that were decaying, superfood perhaps). Also it is one of the biggest RH I have seen. Like Godzilla, came from the auction dark grey black. Not the one like the attractive bronz-y reddish one you have Lokilow. ;)

Yes, I rinsed and sorted through the lettuce you gave me but I guess I missed some. I have the bigger ones in a breeder box right now, I guess Ill tear down the tank this weekend looking for others/eggs. I dont want pest snails that get out of control, at least not until i get puffers. No big deal.

Yes, I rinsed and sorted through the lettuce you gave me but I guess I missed some. I have the bigger ones in a breeder box right now, I guess Ill tear down the tank this weekend looking for others/eggs. I dont want pest snails that get out of control, at least not until i get puffers. No big deal.

So sorry you need to do that. Not really had a big over population.

There is that breeder I mentioned, near you which has beautiful Cherry shrimp, raised in your town and water. If you need the option.

O theres nothing to be sorry for. I am actually probably already in contact with the breeder youre talking about lol.

7i642Ls.jpg

Upgraded to this new auto timer, two independently controlled outlets.

Oooh, do post a review when you've had some time to work with it.

Came home to a loss of water from the Crayfish tank of about 4 gallons on the floor and table. Had been using some filter floss, like a wad/handful - to catch waste particles and this morning flipped it over, I guess it was hanging over the edge of the top of the filter tray as it was dripping out water all over the place.

You know you have problems when you hear loud splashing noises coming from the other room where there shouldn't be any splashing noises.... Because I just added new water in there!

Feeding all the fish and aqua creatures extra this last week or 2. Will be gone for a couple weeks and have family feeding - some food, but limited compared to every day feedings I would normally make since we will be skipping the pwc while I am gone.

Getting the daily packs of food set up for each of the tanks tomorrow. Using the daily pill box method for the bigger, more varied inhabitants tanks. So many little boxes!

All the pwc in the next 2 days, and some quick filter rinses all around.

Need to buy a few bagged foods as I am nearing being out. Lots of work to prep up.

Still having a bit of figuring to do for the reduction of the one tank. Which ones to move.

Fortunately the leak was on tile.

Got a 50% pwc done on the 72G with a 3 year old as my assistant. Watered all the potted plants and the grass as well.

Changed the Wine Glass 3G pwc, and the 5G Spec V 1.5G pwc this morning

3 smaller ones to go, 46G SW and 6.5G Thai Betta Phoenix and 12G Edge this evening.

Pretty tired out from preparing for a couple week trip.

Have completed all the water changes and also a few secondary just because pwc.

Moved the 12G Edge from one stand to another stand. Finished clearing off another empty left over tank from the 12G Mr. Aqua SW.

Prepared 6 medication pill holders with 3 per day squares, a total of 126 tiny squares, lol, whew! Will be feeding only one square per day.

Moved the 4 now decent sized Endler babies into the 12G Edge with their momma. I think I will have one male (colorful tale), which is key to the breeding success for the future. (duh) Hoping it isn't a very fancy female.

Wine glass, Thai Betta, and 5G Spec V all got an extra pwc, plus Crayfish, 12G Edge, got extra pwc and filter clean!

Combined all the misc. packets of food next to all the tanks into a little tub. All have their pill containers instead.

Wiped glass and tops on all but the SW, hoping for time for that in the morning.

I am frustrated about my SW light situation, have 3 long lights 3' & 4' and missing something for each so none will work. Will be prowling around looking for the power adapter for the tested to work but not used brand new 4' actinic and white Beamswork bargain. Missing the remote for the Current USA 4' and one part of the cord for the Fluval. So many cords in the closet...

Also trying to find an alternative light for the wine glass, as I realized it is a touch light and the on/off timer doesn't work for it. :facepalm:

Last minute mini crisis', lol. Soooooo tired!

You need to post a new topic. All of your aquarium insanity in one thread so we can get our heads around it. Lol

Well its about time, you came to tell us about the new project...!
A lot's happened since I was last here, most of it bad but, I'm starting to come around and in excited to get more fish �� it's looking like I'm going to build a guppy rack, but swordtails are a possibility too ��

I haven't done a lot added two angels and they have doubled in size since first stocking them really love my blue angels . just rechecked my perimeters this am after a 30% water change Sat . everything is fine reorganized my cabinet so everything I need is stored there . Remainder of day is watching and enjoying
my tank

Thanks for that, these helpful and important tips are beneficial for newbies and the seasoned aquarist!

Since I'm not home with the tanks I have scooped up a couple pieces of moss for the paludarium future build and a few pieces of bart with lichens and moss mainly dead kinds but look cool. Have a tiny sample of star moss and a clump of some other kind
Will be grabbing some common moss too just because I don't have much of it around my place.

Well, let me see. I did 50 percent water changes on the following tanks: A 20, 29, 38, 45, four 55 gallon tanks, a 60 and a 75. I did them all using the old "bucket" method. Needless to say, I got my exercise. This was over the weekend.

B

Back home.

Doesn't seem that any of the fish died or are having issues.

Have new Mystery snail eggs - 3rd clutch for these 3 snails!

Most fun thing is that the N-class Endler momma was due and actually did have some babies, maybe 10, I think I counted, while I was gone!!!

There is for sure one male with a colorful tail from the 4 babies of the first batch. So we will see how this next group progresses. She still seems to have a little bit of a darkness in her gravid area, so maybe another batch will be coming.

I need to do the water changes over the weekend.\

Did the water evap additions.

Also needing to work on closing down another tank. Maybe, the 80G SW will get to go up in 3 weeks (replacing the 46G temporary SW bowfront tank when I can).

Plugging away!

Back
Top Bottom