What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you could but how long have they been rotting
could cause unknown issues that would be my concern
if tank was down a few days I'd say yup do it
but since it's been down a lot longer I say is it really worth the risk
I like the safe zone rather than the unknown zone if you see were I'm coming from

but like everything it's your choice

just giving my opinion and thoughts(y)

Did some aquascaping. 3 gallon half moon with a male betta, rotala, moneywort, anacharis, myria(sp?) and a mystery sword.

img_2291369_0_2d744274d1e55f65a70c3af0fa8fa950.jpg

Edit: The name of that plant has been bugging me all day long. It's Myrio. I felt really dumb when I found it. I was off by 1 letter! Lol.

Got my 55 gallon set up and starting to cycle. All of the decelerations will come out once I get the rocks I'm gonna put in it because I'm gonna do a cichlid tank. It just looked so empty with just sand in it.

Attachments

• image-3966069012.jpg
    image-3966069012.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 90
Hi looking good with the skull in there:lol:
I done a 25% water change cleaned the intake sponges{used to stop the shrimps getting sucked into the externals} trimmed a few plants and put a few in me new six footer.I shall get some photo's:)

Nothing. I traveled to my LFS in hopes of getting some Eco-complete for the 10 gallon but they only had it in a sand mix and the smallest bag was a 25 pounder. Also went to look for some interesting shrimp and they didn't have any shrimp. Walked out empty handed.

PWC, cleaned one of the BioWheel filters , added two more filters, broke the end of my air stone trying to push it under the gravel ,ugh, moved the dark DW to the right 2 ", replanted two plants I uprooted doing all that, spent 1 hr just watching all the fish ( just added a bunch of new guys 2 days ago). And in the middle of all that, sold my horses. More $ for my new aquarium addiction!

image-569091884.jpg

So, in a nutshell, you had a busy day;)

Lol, actually, sadly, it's a typical day for me. Like today I did a 5g change out on my 10g nano/ refugium and added the first actual resident, a peppermint shrimp, moved my 3rd dwarf blue foot hermit to my puffer tank along with my emerald crab. Unfortunately for the emerald crab puffy caught and killed him within the hour, though I seem to have found one species my puffer will leave alone- he has 2 dbf hermit friends that he has left alone for a week, so I added my last one from my 10g. I rearranged the rocks and added a chemi pure media bag in my 10g nano. Did a 5g change out on my 20g gourami/hospital tank. Did a 5g change on my 10g planted along with grooming my plants and substrate. I spent a half hour watching my male fiddler do a mating dance. Did a 10g change out on my 40g betta community tank- I don't even count my multiple betta pico changes. For the first time in almost a year I resisted the urge to do a water change on my puffer tank because with my redsea test kits and how my tank looks and puffer acts I keep telling myself it's not necessary... I think he's actually happy about that. Unrelated, I took my daughter for her first eye check and found out she a) needs glasses and b) was born with a fiber mass around her optic nerve which causes multiple blind spots, my poor baby. I also almost died when I saw how bad one of my lfs has become, starting a post on that next.

Well i must b doing something right...lol my 2 green cories are spawning..they were acting weird to me so i was alil worried then the light bulb clicked on..i was like duh spawning so i looked it up on youtube n yeap thats it ...lol

I got home today and it was just normal care. I fed the fish and checked to see how my fry were doing. Everything was fine. Except I stil have a goldfish in my tropical guppy tank because I didn't have anywhere else to put him. (I know it's not good to have a goldfish with guppies). So then I go check my email and someone emailed me about my aquabid fish. I told him I had nothing ready to ship. Then he asked me if I had any fancy goldfish. So I said kinda. And then emailed a few pictures of the little guy. He asked me how much it was so I told him it's the cost of shipping. He going to send me a picture when he gets him all settled. I'm really happy the little guys finally gonna have a good home.

Pulled more mts out of my 29 gallon. Doing this daily and with my assassin snails, I am willing the war!! Went to eat this morning with my uncle and we landed on the topic of tanks. He told me that I can have his old 55. But I don't have the room(not yet anyways;) ) I have my eye on a perfect stand for the tank, but it's an antique table that my mom has made clear that I can't have for a stand. Crossing my fingers for a new project soon.

Pulled more mts out of my 29 gallon. Doing this daily and with my assassin snails, I am willing the war!! Went to eat this morning with my uncle and we landed on the topic of tanks. He told me that I can have his old 55. But I don't have the room(not yet anyways;) ) I have my eye on a perfect stand for the tank, but it's an antique table that my mom has made clear that I can't have for a stand. Crossing my fingers for a new project soon.

Update: tentatively have been given the green light. I found an old computer desk in the basement that I will take the top off and use as a stand. If this does come together, I know its not going to really begin until it warms up a bit. :) :) :)

well did a 15% pwc yesterday on my 75 malawi tank, then today i cleaned the glass tops, scraped algae, bought some new fish food limpets reef buffet (the lfs guy said cichlids would love it), bought some coralife pure-flo 100 micron fine filter pad and 3 media bags. waiting on the seachem purigen and matrix bio media

Changed gravel out to sand in the 29 and the 28 bowfront. Water still a little cloudy. I'll post pics when it clears up. 50% water change on all 6 tanks also.

Back
Top Bottom