What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you!
I just need to add some tall, not too light-demanding plants to fill up the background . . . Any ideas?

Water wisteria or rotala indica. They're both low light plants and they fill in extremely fast. They're some of my favorites and all of my fish have always appreciated all the little places to swim. :)

My new rescape

image-173549027.jpg

Added a whatever nana... And some type of fern ... Ik ur supposed to research first but I am now.

I am trying to make trees out of what I have

My new rescape

Added a whatever nana... And some type of fern ... Ik ur supposed to research first but I am now.

I am trying to make trees out of what I have

I need a better pic. Come on! You know me. The picture looks yellow to me. Lemme see a few good shots :)

Please :)

I need a better pic. Come on! You know me. The picture looks yellow to me. Lemme see a few good shots :)

Right now this is all I have:

image-2697224221.jpg

I've found out this above is a peacock fern and will die in the aquarium making me very sad it's pretty

image-2112776076.jpg

When I get home I can take more. I didn't realize you answered on the other thread, totally forgot I posted on that thread! I already posted these pics above then. I will try to get pics good enough to please, lol. But idk why its yellowish, the plant food I bought was yellow but I put less than the weekly dosage, my wood might still be leaking tannins too but that's never been noticeable...well see.

Water wisteria or rotala indica. They're both low light plants and they fill in extremely fast. They're some of my favorites and all of my fish have always appreciated all the little places to swim. :)

Lemon Bacopa (Bacopa caroliniana) is a nice tall low light demanding plant.

Here it all is, hopefully these pics are better

image-584878067.jpg
This I hope will grow and look like a tree kinda

image-1802322732.jpg
Java

image-310250992.jpg

image-2196221826.jpg

image-1620202463.jpg
image-2080035319.jpg
These 2 I am hoping will grow into trees but idk, I did order some star moss idk where to put it yet right now tiny java moss pieces are on it

image-3850484909.jpg

image-535227114.jpg

image-3863132385.jpg

image-2897268126.jpg

image-2088471078.jpg

image-1812763707.jpg

image-1466118391.jpg

image-1868673558.jpg

image-3403484685.jpg

image-3833553607.jpg

image-2900742479.jpg

image-2122897876.jpg

image-3529251337.jpg

image-1555062411.jpg

Attachments

• image-1030091085.jpg
    image-1030091085.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3905718030.jpg
    image-3905718030.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 81
Here it all is, hopefully these pics are better

This I hope will grow and look like a tree kinda

Java

These 2 I am hoping will grow into trees but idk, I did order some star moss idk where to put it yet right now tiny java moss pieces are on it

Looks great!

Lemon Bacopa (Bacopa caroliniana) is a nice tall low light demanding plant.

Thanks guys! I'll have a look for all three of them :)

Btw-- I just checked today, and it's what I suspected: my telly is 42", my tank... 43" :D

Red bnps?!? pictures please.

Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread for a while!
They are only about 1/2-3/4" long right now, so I can't get any really good pics, they are FAST! But they basically look like super reds, just a little lighter shade, more of a burnt orange at the moment actually, but I'm sure they'll color up more as they age.
Seller said they were only 2 weeks old in their auction?
I also have bids on some super reds and a calico male because somehow out of the 6 calico Juvies I have, I didn't get a single male!

Anyways, today:: I traded some of my albino BNP's and some of my 3 month old betta fry to a friend for a new tank recently, so I spent my morning re-sealing it.
Then I did w/c's on all the 2.5 gallons and under.
Now I'm re-planting my 28 after spending all morning chasing the albinos around. Those guys are fast!!!
I guess I'll probably do some more w/c's in a bit, and that's it for that!

sweet looks awesome
thought this pict was a octopus I need to remember my glasses
attachment.php

SKB that peacock fern might look cool if you can either tie it to the highest branch if the driftwood or tuck a little plastic pot with ecocomplete or any substrate into the log decoration out I sight with the fern planted near the water surface. Soon it will grow above the water and can survive partially submerged as opposed to eventually melting

SKB that peacock fern might look cool if you can either tie it to the highest branch if the driftwood or tuck a little plastic pot with ecocomplete or any substrate into the log decoration out I sight with the fern planted near the water surface. Soon it will grow above the water and can survive partially submerged as opposed to eventually melting

Yeah I was thinking of something to do with it. Those are good ideas. I don't think it would reach the top in a pot though... I could tie it to the highest branch but I didn't know if that'd ruin the tree effect, or I was thinking on top of that fake decor I have on the left of my tank.

Or else something more permanent. I have a small piece of driftwood I could glue to the back of my tank, towards the top, and stick the plant on there.

Nothing yet today. But I always have interesting feeding experiences at night. Yesterday I dropped in some shrimp pellets and a kuhli loach grabbed one first, then my female bolivian ram took ownership of it and out of nowhere a ghost shrimp dropped in and carried off the pellet. Stole it right from her mouth. Also figured out why my male betta hasn't been eating. It's been hunting/eating my blueberry shrimp! I watched him wiggle under the dw, run em out and then eat one! At 10$ a shrimp it's not a cheap meal but I have a very large one so I think it can hold it's own.

Yeah I was thinking of something to do with it. Those are good ideas. I don't think it would reach the top in a pot though... I could tie it to the highest branch but I didn't know if that'd ruin the tree effect, or I was thinking on top of that fake decor I have on the left of my tank.

Or else something more permanent. I have a small piece of driftwood I could glue to the back of my tank, towards the top, and stick the plant on there.

Did this: well see if it works, only one is strong enough to stand out of water the other ones are in a pot by my window

image-2419568228.jpg

Major Rescape of 20g Heavily Planted Tetra Tank

Whew! Took 9 hrs non-stop. Trimmed down and reduced amount of my Cabomba and Water Wisteria to make room for new Ludwigia Peruensis and L. Ovalis. Moved Ammania Bonsai into little rows to make hedge in front of rock work. Cleaned gravel(vac'd) and added a bunch of RU root tabs. Cleaned filters and all tubes. Made 50% water change. Fishys had a ball playing with my hands and tools. Fresh water made them all happy. Rummys heads deep red. Looks like each one drank a quart of Capt. Morgan! It was a family affair as the two cats and the dog came in and "helped". LOL. It was a GOOD day. OS.

Back
Top Bottom