What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong and you're just worn out and beat down and you come home and look at your tank and your entire mood changes. Something about those fish swimming along, happy as can be, going about there business just makes everything else slow down for a while. There is something quite therapeutic about it really. Thats why I love this hobby, in the middle of this busy world, you have a little glass box of peace and tranquility right in front of your face.

YesYesYes!! The stress just goes right out of the end of your fingers...That exact feeling is the main reason I got into fishkeeping, and then I found out how cool my underwater friends are :) Now I get terribly attached to them, but I love it, and wouldn't give it up for anything :fish2:

Put male guppies in 20 gal dropped one on floor couldn't find it the did maybe 5 or more mi later still alive put in tank and seems okay.... Got 2 apple snails one black one blue for in 20 gal wit ivory one am hoping to breed them .... Is this breeding ?

View attachment 199749

Cool snails! I have two gold mystery snails, Jason and Argo, and I'm very fond of them. Sorry, don't know if they're breeding, but I like to see posts of apple snails.

Just got some more plants for my fish friends.

But I also found out today that my house is being foreclosed and my parents are being summoned to court!

I hope I can find a place that I can have my fish at, hopefully my own fish room.

Cool snails! I have two gold mystery snails, Jason and Argo, and I'm very fond of them. Sorry, don't know if they're breeding, but I like to see posts of apple snails.

Will keep you posted hopefully I will have eggs then babies I lowered my water some for them:) I think they are mystery snails

Ah! Bad day. All of my corals closed up and I don't know why. Hopefully they'll be better by morning. All parameters are perfectly fine. I think it's because I was moving all of the aquascaping and rearranging for future coral it stirred everything up. And I figured out why I have so much cyano... MY POWERHEAD IS BROKEN. Ugh! I planned on getting a stronger one anyways so I can keep my future GPS all the way on the other side of the tank on the ground. So hopefully I can pick up a new one this week. All I have is the flow from my refugium right now. So back to the LFS this weekend! I'm hoping to pick up a brain coral and BTA... We'll see if I can pick up a powerhead first.

Today I was Playing nurse for a platy giving birth and trying to eat her fry. If any one wants to follow me on Instagram my username is DrMaxD I would like some of my fishy friends on there!

Got home checked tank and my guppies are starting to drop fry in 29 gal I saw at least 8... I caught the and put in 20 gal... I figure some in 29 and some in 20 see how they do... All male adult are in 20 and adult female in 29

I added a mat of F. fontanus to our 2G Nano Long shrimp tank this morning after steeping it in tank water for a week.

Here is one of our larger super tigers inspecting
20130925_192719.jpg

Sorry for crappy pic, I was trying to get the shot before he moved off the moss

I had to rehome my little male shipped him out today he is headed to Georgia ... i gave the new owner th 3rd degree befor i signe off on shipping him but im confident its a good home. My older male has came out and is all beast now..lol he is a new fish....

My mystery snail is laying her 2nd clutch this week and ever as we speak... cant imagine how i ever thought i would miss seeing those things they are huge compared to my ramshorns sac which like 3 of 10 has hatched... :)

Autumnsky im sure i will have a berried female soon too... ill email you tomorrow been ALOT going on with my sister this week :/

I had to rehome my little male shipped him out today he is headed to Georgia ... i gave the new owner th 3rd degree befor i signe off on shipping him but im confident its a good home. My older male has came out and is all beast now..lol he is a new fish....

My mystery snail is laying her 2nd clutch this week and ever as we speak... cant imagine how i ever thought i would miss seeing those things they are huge compared to my ramshorns sac which like 3 of 10 has hatched... :)

Autumnsky im sure i will have a berried female soon too... ill email you tomorrow been ALOT going on with my sister this week :/

Sounds good, I have been so busy too. We will catch up!

So far, nothing. Worked 8 hours and we were really busy (two bus loads of people came in today, I worked the overflow from the first one because the other servers had full sections from the bus, and I worked about half of the second bus load by myself, plus other tables because we only had 3 servers by that time of the day). My feet ache and I am worn out. But soon I will have to get off my butt and clean betta tanks anyway! Good thing is, despite having 11 small containers it takes me maybe 10 minutes to clean them all!

Changed my water I have my wood soaking in. And boiled some rocks for my tank.

Going to do 100% wc on betta bowls and treat my male betta. So far so good.

My snails are mating hope they lay eggs soon... On another note my one juli cat looks kinda round and fat... Maybe it's a girl and will have eggs? Or it ate some fry

I hope I will get some snail mating soon... I am not putting up with the annoyance of the noise of a low water level for nothing!

I lowered mine to 2 1/2 inch I will wait a week and lower it more if no eggs.... I use earplugs cuz tanks are in my room

Mine is around the same level, maybe 3 inches. High enough that all my filters work. But the tank in question is in the living room and the noise is distracting. I am hyper tuned to tank sounds - I can hear a filter malfunctioning from a room away!

Took apart an Amazon sword, now I have 5 of them. Also, I found these guys.

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

& I counted 3 ramshorn egg sacs while tending to my plants.

My 1" black ramshorn made a big clutch the other day.

ForumRunner_20130926_173044.jpg

About to do water changes on both tanks and test the tap for ph, ammo, trates and trites.

Woke up and found out I had to scoop out food that was floating in my tanks.

My dad thought it would be okay to feed my fish=(

I love him, but… I hope he never does it again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom