What did you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha...I thought I was the only one that did this. And then there's the occasional "Hey, where'd that fish come from?" when new fry finally come out of hiding. So I've got a "Hey, where'd that fish come from?", "Hey, where'd that fish come from? Jr", "Hey, where'd that fish come from? III", "Hey, where'd that fish come from? IV"...etc :)

Ha ha! That is funny!

I don't normally name fish. However my 5 year old named one of the serpaes Peanut Butter and another one Jelly.

My wife has name our Silver Dollars Bernie and Bertha and my daughter had named out male powder blue gourami Cinderella because Cinderella's dress is blue. That dude would despise my little girl if be knew what his name was !!

I have a honey dwarf gourami named Chicken because he's always the most nervous fish in the tank when something's going on.

I also have a cory pygmaus named Jimbo after my father in law (I promised I would name a catfish after him) and a cory habrosus named Dennis after his brother.

Great thread, OP

My six black neon tetras are: Shorty, Pewee(the small ones), Shark, Rio(I saw the movie Rio and couldn't figure a name for that fish, and well, Sharks go in water), and Preto and Goliath( Preto is one way to say black in Portuguese and Goliath is big- although it's a she) lol I had one called survivor cuz he survived ich but then he just died randomly, couldn't figure why. Ironic hahaha but sad to

My two red tetra minors are Bert and Ernie because they never separate. My first three clown loaches are moe, Larry, and curly because the first day I got them they all got stuck inside a decorative tree ( since removed of course), green tiger barb named Johnny for johnny cash because he is almost black and another named Toby after toby keith because he is mates with Johnny. Red finned shark Geronimo after my dad ( long endearing memory about my dad when I was younger yelling Geronimo and jumping on my bed and busting it) because my dad wanted me to get the fish. Tiger barb named one gill because he damaged one of his gills and still thrives. Another clown loach with an arrested saddle stripe called Pegasus and a clown with a polka dot on side spots. I have a large school know of tiger barbs that are hard to name because they look alike but I'm working on it. Note: I have a 75 gallon now but need to update my tag line and am working on a 200 gallon for the clowns.

My three Julie Cory catfish are about my favorites in my 30g tetra tank. They are usually swim together and covort around the tank with their happy, silly moves. I named them Larry, Moe and Curly (The Three Stooges) LOL.

Back
Top Bottom