What do you breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only bred livebearers on purpose. I bred GBRs by accident. Also bred panda cories. That was also by a accident.. Right now I'm trying to breed apistogramma agassizi in the hope to sell them. They don't sell them in shops around these parts :)
Livebearers are a big part of the hobby. I do bread Peacock Endler. But they are not for sale. In my tanks they are food.
Rams at one time were listed as Apisto.s. I keeped them back then. Blues and Bolivian. I don't keep them anymore. Some of my bigger Geo.s could eat them for a snack.

I use to breed live bearer but not no more. Since I want to try something harder. I'm breeding Oscar , Angel fish , Betta , and Ablino Cory
Oscars take a lot of space to breed. Would love to see pictures.
I know nothing about corys but they are SA.

I have had baby guppies, a lot of baby cichlids (Acei, Electric Yellow)
Baby Albino Cat fish, sword tails, and probably others I can't remember

I am trying to get baby Angel fish. I have 7 angels and hope they have babies when they are old enough to do it.

Acei are african. They are the best parents. Witch makes them pretty easy.
Angel fish are much harder but can be done. They start pairing up a little over a year old. Everything you could want to know about breeding angels. Is in the wigglers at last thread.
How old are your angels now?

My pair of managuence jaguar cichlids with there wrigglers

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1397674884957.jpg
    1397674884957.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 124
Very nice Jag's.
This is what I am working on. I got some Wild Pleroplyllum altum for Chirstmas. I still have to grow them out and that will take time. But a breeding pair of these will be gold.

Attachments

• photo (276).JPG
    photo (276).JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 117
Very nice Jag's.
This is what I am working on. I got some Wild Pleroplyllum altum for Chirstmas. I still have to grow them out and that will take time. But a breeding pair of these will be gold.

WOW. I am jealous ;) My ultimate goal is to breed Altums again. I just LOVE that fish! :D Had a pair many years ago that spawned once but non of the eggs hatched. Wasn't able to get them to spawn again :(
Are these wild fish or F1 generation from wild parents or do you know?
Thanks (y)

I've always wanted to breed angels

WOW. I am jealous ;) My ultimate goal is to breed Altums again. I just LOVE that fish! :D Had a pair many years ago that spawned once but non of the eggs hatched. Wasn't able to get them to spawn again :(
Are these wild fish or F1 generation from wild parents or do you know?
Thanks (y)

Yep! They are wild. It took me three day to get them to start eating and over three weeks to start eating flake food. They are doing well now but they have a slow growth rate.

I've always wanted to breed angels

Scaler Angels are pretty easy to breed but it take a long time to get them to tank rease.
The Angels I showed are Altum they are the rarest Angels and there has never been a documented case of anyone breeding them in captivity.
I got 4 for christmas coast $390.00. I want to add more to the group.

I started with breeding mosquito fish (live bearers) well I should say they started it XD. I just looked in one day and saw a swarm of fry on the surface and I about passed out XD. since then I have breed more mosquito fish, albino. emerald, and leopard corydoras catfish, fancy guppies, working on blue gouramis waiting to see their babies soon, and zebra danios, and my goal is to one da breed and raise neon tetras and dojo weather loaches.

I accidentally got a batch of ghost shrimp fry and some leopard long fin danios all in a couple days. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400372117.909920.jpg

Endlers-7 types, swords- 6 types, platys-2 types, Least Killies, Bettas, Corys- 2 types, Marble Crayfish and RCS. Currently tree frog tadpoles as well

I haven't bred yet, but I'm in the middle of setting up for breeding fancy guppies and mollies starting out easy with livebearers. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated just shoot me a PM. Also looking for some frogbit for my tank.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't bred yet, but I'm in the middle of setting up for breeding fancy guppies and mollies starting out easy with livebearers. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated just shoot me a PM. Also looking for some frogbit for my tank.

are you going to separate the females when they are ready to drop? or are you going to leave them in the tank?

I was planning on leaving them in as I have limited tank space but I do have a breeder box I coild use to house the fry unit the are big enough. If that doesn't work I do have 2 10 gallons available, but im going to give the fry lot's of places to hide in in my community tank which is a 45 gallon hexagon and a 20 gallon long I was planning on having a trio or two in each tank to keep from having to much in breeding.

I currently have jewel cichlid fry and wigglers. I'm planning on breeding GBRs soon. I also have angelfish eggs at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom