What do you do after?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palmtree7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was thinking about breeding rcs but I was wondering what do you do with them after you breed them???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Who could you sell them too

You could post and ad on Craigslist of you don't feel comfortable trying to ship them. There's a classified section here as well you can list them under.

A store, or directly to people. Some people ship them. I personally never bothered shipping. But, most lfs will take them in, at least for credit. I used to trade mine in to an lfs for credit to pay for my fish supplies because I actually got more profit doing it that way than if I had tried to sell them directly to people. It depends on your area though and availability.

Would petsmart or petco do that

Petco or Petsmart do not take in fish that other people have bred. I don't know about shrimp but I bet it is the same.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I have a 10 gallon with about 20 RCS. Once they start to breed I plan on sending them into my 36 gallon for a good cleaning crew. Once I have too many I would suggest finding your local pet store, not sure if petco or petsmart would take them. If you talk to the owner of a non-chain pet store or fish store I'm sure they would take them or buy them off of you.

As a basic rule, the chain stores never buy in locally bred fish. They have a company wide policy that they only purchase fish from their suppliers. The chains will typically take in just about any fish they have tank space for as an "adoption" but you won't get money. Most smaller, locally owned places that I have come across will take in fish for credit and/cash (but usually just credit). You would need to ask the individual store though. Of there is no such place in your area, something like craiglist would probably be a better option. There is always shipping too if you end up with enough to make it worth your time.

Back
Top Bottom