What do you do with so much water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you do with your water from water changes?

• Recycle it (Somehow)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water my plants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neuve

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've given it a lot of thought and havent figured it out yet. Since i have 4 tanks (10, 6, 2 n 2 gal) i perform from 4 to 6 water changes per week. Thats a lot of water, even though i dont empty them, around 25-40% depending on the available dechlorinated water i've reserved a day or two before.

So lets say i get like 3 buckets of water per week. Considering its raining season here @ mexico city, i cant water my plants, and even if i do, i only use like half the water i get from water changes. :oops:

So in conlcusion, i wanted to ask you what do you do with al your water? I kno some of you have 55 gal tanks and so, so you should have something on mind right:?:
Well, lets see with what kind of ecologists we're dealing with here...
Thanx in advance!
Pato

Fish waste is great for plants, So I take my 5gal bucket [ usually 2 or 3 of them ] and water the plants in need of fertilization.

Ok perfect, but suppose that youve already finished watering all your plants. You still have left one, one and a half buckets left...
Waddaya do?

I dump most of it out in the back yard pretty soon it will be time for mushrooms to start growing! lol
Chris

I water my plants and dump the rest. Someday when I have a house and a garden (and a bigger tank :D ) I'll use it to water my garden, but for now I don't have a use for all the water.

I do it more for the nutrients of the waste as opposed to water, But nah... my plants seem to thrive.

Cool, Thanx. Ill go water all the plants in my building LOL

Back
Top Bottom